Guesstimate for MBP Updates?

travod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
I was really hoping to get one before I start school in August, but that's not happening. So either I go for the new Air or take a chance for a couple of months with my old Macbook... But then I have the hassle of transferring everything /during/ school.

Is October the date? They used to have October events, but recently its been in June.

Any chance for July?

Crzyrio

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
Last year was one of the few exceptions where they released the retina Macbook pro at wwdc. They usually release them october - november ish.

It is going to come out along Mavericks

inthecup

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
It is going to come out along Mavericks[/QUOTE]

Agree .. that's when I'll be upgrading.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
yup it will be late 2013, they already update it in early 2013.
and the next update to the mbp in 2014 would be in wwdc june 2014 :cool:

based on apple previous mbp release.

Asuriyan

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Indiana
Funny to see that realism only takes hold when people's hopes are dashed.

I'm still expecting to see a lot of 'but but they have to have them ready in time for back to school!" No, they don't. They have to release a complete, polished product.

collinmac

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2006
Chilliwack, BC
I'm guessing October/November with the 10.9 release.

I wonder if they needed more time working with the Haswell processors to build a solid platform.

Ironsyde

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
I'm guessing October/November with the 10.9 release.

I wonder if they needed more time working with the Haswell processors to build a solid platform.
My guess is that they just had a lot of stuff already for WWDC and decided to put it off. They could've easily thrown in a Haswell CPU if they wanted (see Razer Blade 14"); on the positive side, perhaps they're doing more than just a spec bump and it'll be worthy of its own event. Hardly surprising, considering current rMBPs are already pretty solid for a first-gen device and it takes time to perfect retina technology.

EDIT: My guess is that they'll ship slightly before or alongside Mavericks, certainly not after its release.