Guest Account

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by gw0gvq, Jul 5, 2014.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

Is there any third party program or anything anyone knows of where A guest can leave my guest account and not have to delete the files before he exits.

2. Red Menace macrumors 6502

A temporary Guest account has been available for the last few OS versions - it is erased when they log out.

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Yes I want to turn the guest account to another administrator account do stuffs not erased and I'll have two profiles not one , thanks for reply

4. Red Menace macrumors 6502

OK, your initial post was worded badly, but if you DON'T want stuff deleted, just create and name other accounts as desired using the Users & Groups pane in System Preferences. I would not let guests use an admin account, though.

I also make a separate administrative account when installing a new system. The administrative account is just there as backup, since I can do everything from a standard one by using the admin credentials.

5. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

It's for personal use not guests but thanks. It's more or less what u use yours as

6. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

I'd have thought that a guest account with admin rights would be a fundamentally bad idea!

If it's just *you* logging in as Guest and wanting to retain some of your files then why not just save them to /Users/Shared where all logged in users and guests can get at them?

7. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

What I did in the end was create another Admin account . I was going to use the guest account to save me creating another administrator account but I did last night what you said in the end