guestbook on iweb?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mattsangel, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mattsangel macrumors newbie

Can anybody tell me how to do this? I can't find how to do this anywhere! I have my own domain and everything and the website is up and running. I just want to add a guestbook!

Thanks.

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I'm a little confussed what exactly your asking.

Where is your site hosted?
    If .Mac then your not going to get a guestbook there. Only thing close would be .Mac Groups and even that's a bit limited. You would have to host or provide a link to an outside guest book service.
    If NOT on a .Mac server then your limited by your hosting provider and there are many ways to do this. Need to be more specific in your skills and what your willing to settle for. ​

There may be free ones already hosted and google (cuz I ain't doing it) for them.

Are you wanting to code or create guestbook in iWeb (question was based on your thread title) then the answer would more than likely be no. You might find a "Widget" you can add but that's doubtful as the widget would have code to read/write to a file or database and that has to be hosted somewhere. So if one did exist it would be a linked widget (similar to the flickr one) that would pull info from another site, so you would still have to register with another service.

Again if it's not hosted on .Mac then you can google "Free guest book" and there's bound to be a bunch of options.

Also can look at "Rapid Weaver" tool as they have a guestbook template that you can code it or design to your liking but it won't host on a .Mac site.

3. marian99us macrumors newbie

Try Flexi Comment Box

I think one of the best options out there is flexi...
    It is my personal opinion/experience that it is the easiest to install and make it work. It took me minutes before my website was accepting comments (well I used it as Guestbook, so I should say "my website was accepting guestbook entries... but who is being precise, right?")
    The best part of it is i got to customize to the very last satisfaction of my deeply disturbing color-combination fantasies! :p
    you get to mish-mash colors, you see!
    here is the link: flexi comment