GUI looking out of place in Mavericks Update

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by RVUnknown, Nov 18, 2013.

1. RVUnknown, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

RVUnknown macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been having this problem lately with a couple of my apps' GUI looking out of place or absurd. Here are some images of what it looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it's only affecting the apple made apps.

It just looks pretty ugly and does anyone here know a fix for this? :confused:

2. yonington macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue. If anyone has any thoughts, it would be much appreciated!

3. RVUnknown thread starter macrumors newbie

I experienced this issue with the Reminders app since Mountain Lion, and I think it was because I tried to install custom mac themes onto my machine and later uninstalled them. (They mess with the window files so it could've triggered the problem) But I don't understand why the problem persists as I clean installed Mavericks and the bug should have been gone when I erased my hard-drive.

Could you be in a similar situation?

4. yonington macrumors newbie

I haven't tried to install any themes and I have been going through each of my extensions and turning them off or uninstalling them with no luck.

Also, this seems to be impacting my Mail, Calendar and Messages apps (at least). Chrome is looking kinda funky (is that a technical term?) also..

5. RVUnknown, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

RVUnknown thread starter macrumors newbie

That's very odd, although Chrome is fine for me, if I don't get a solution from someone I think I'll try another clean install on my Mac again? Or maybe (fingers crossed) 10.9.1 will somehow fix this?

EDIT: I think I'll ask the tech support guys at school, yeah everyone uses a mac at my school so maybe they would've ran into the problem before? I'll post back here to let you know..

6. yonington macrumors newbie

I am going to give the genius bar a shot this afternoon - reinstalling isn't my first option...

7. RVUnknown thread starter macrumors newbie

Afternoon hah, it's 12 am where I am...:D But yeah hopefully one of us will get an answer

8. yonington macrumors newbie

I have had no luck solving the problem. however I have narrowed it down to something wrong in the user's Library folder. I am creating a new user and moving thing over to that user account.

That being said, when logged into you macbook, can you edit the User & Groups preference pane? When I tried I wasn't able to. I created a root user and then logged in as him.

If I find anything else I out I will let you know.

Its almost 12AM here now.

9. RVUnknown thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm you're probably right, I don't get the same error in another user on the mac...And yeah I can't change much in my users and accounts pref..its like if i click on something, nothing happens... I get the same error with my security preferences.

I asked the IT people at school, they said I should probably do a reinstall..