GUI touch unlock tool

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wailord, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Wailord macrumors 6502

Maybe a misleading title.
    Maybe. :p

Anyway, does the dev team or any other third-party groups have any sort of GUI tool in the works for the touch? I'm too worried about something going wrong to hack it right now...

2. isaac17 macrumors member

First off, everyone needs to calm down. Worst case scenario you have to restore your music and videos, I had to, but in the end I had everything running right. Second off, they say it's complicated, but honestly if you know how to use terminal and navigate finder, you should be fine.

Don't quote me on this but my guess for the GUI hack is 2-3 days.

3. xerikx macrumors regular

I hope so since I'm extremely lazy and have so much other crap to focus on right now haha

4. California King macrumors 65816

Im hoping that there's an episode of "systm" showing us noobs how to jailbreak the iPod touch. The tutorial looks too complicating to me.

5. adamman41 macrumors regular

what is a gui? just a simpler way to jailbreak it?

6. isaac17 macrumors member

a GUI would be a program you run that says 'Now hacking your ipod touch...' or something like that, and do it all for you. It's not a big priority for hackers if they already have the jailbreak done, but they'll write one eventually.

7. adamman41 macrumors regular

am i better off waiting if im not very good at computer stuff or should i go ahead wit hthe windows jailbreak that they have? how do u get the apps on windows? r there the same amount?

8. isaac17 macrumors member

If you can't use a command prompt or aren't particularly good with using computers, I'd wait for the GUI version. Well, just take a look at the guide for windows and see if you could do all the stuff you need to do.

9. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I was never sure of any of this actually. I didnt even know whas SSHing was or iPhuc before this week... :D

The instructions arent too tough. :)

10. adamman41 macrumors regular

haha what are sshing and iphuc?

11. Tres macrumors regular

It's really not that hard to do. The problem is most people instantly freeze up when they see long instructions and switch into an "I can't do this" mindset (especially when it comes to computer stuff). If you relax and follow the instructions properly you should have no problems at all.

12. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

EXACTLY!

But I learned while doing...and my iPod is amazing!

13. adamman41 macrumors regular

did u do windows or mac? is ssh for one or the other, how do u enter stuff into ur oipod i dont ge tthat? or do do u do it on ur cpu and it goes to ur ipod?

14. druranium macrumors member

HEAR HEAR!!! Come on people, challenge yourselves! The worst that can happen is that you will have to restore your iPod. You can even call apple and they will walk you through how to do it. Just tell them you were having locking up problems with your iPod while browsing Safari, you tried to restore it through iTunes, and the restore failed. Yes! This actually did happen to me and it has happened to many others. Don't be afraid of instructions. you can do it.

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Windows. Just follow THIS tutorial and youll get it.

16. jacktiernan macrumors regular

I had basically never opened terminal before, never heard of iphuc or ssh and only ever used an ftp client once or twice for uploading a large file to a commercial printer.

It was SOOOOOO rewarding and educational to do this process.

Sooooooo boring to get a GUI and go *click*, ooooooh it's done, yay me!

Go for it dudes, you just might learn something! :D

17. bklam macrumors regular

is it possible to unlock using windows if your ipod was originally synced to your mac?

i had troubles with my windows computer detecting the touch today...