iPad Guidance and help needed, at&t ipad with unlimited data plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by qzmpal, Oct 29, 2013.

1. qzmpal macrumors newbie

Hi,

I need a small advice here.
    I'm going to buy a Unlimited Data plan and an ipad from a guy on Craigslist.
    I'm planning to meet him at the AT&T corporate Store tomorrow.

But my doubt here is, After I pay him the money and he hands over the ipad and the Data plan login details, I change my Credit Card information and my Billing address, my Apple Email id.
    Is there any way that he can claim once again, those login details, by any chance from AT&T or Apple?
    Like by using a Security Question or something?

Can he file a Claim with AT&T or Apple and reclaim his access to the Unlimited Data plan account.
    As You know, those accounts are now going for a bomb on Ebay and thats why I don't want to take any risk here.

Any help or information or links or insight or guidance is highly appreciated guys.

Thanks & Peace.

2. mcdj, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Change the user ID and password, wait for the guy to get an email telling him his user name and password were changed. Then change the password again.

When I sold my unlimited plan, the buyer changed my ID to his ID and password, but AT&T sent a confirmation email with his user name and password to ME.

So change the password again once he gets that email, then the confirmation for the second change will be sent to YOU.

Attached Files:

3. kmd606 macrumors newbie

This happened to me today. Last week I bought an unlimited iPad plan from someone who gave me the login info after which I changed the username and password. He said he didn't have the iPad anymore. I also am waiting for the new iPad mini retina so i was unable to update the IMEI and iccie numbers on the account. Today I received an email that my password had been reset. So I rushed to the computer to reset it and noticed that someone had changed the name on the account and billing info. I changed the password again but by that time the person who had the iPad with the IMEI number associated to this account changed the email address and password twice so I was locked out. I tried contacting the person who had sold it to me who was actually very nice during the selling process but no response. I called AT&T and they said they could not help me.

4. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm looking to purchase a plan like this through ebay. Just curious how someone could reset/change the account password if you changed the username/password/and email address. When you go through the password reset process, wouldn't it email something to u first...like a link or something. Just trying to understand and figure out how this happened so I can avoid it. Any extra info you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

5. Eleyva macrumors newbie

Can some one please tell me what to search for on Craigslist what worming to put to find one thanks

6. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I found out about this accidentally when a friend gave me his unlimited data. Lucky it was a friend and he told me about the email he received. Definitely change your email address and pw several times.

7. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

Good info to know! Thanx!

8. qzmpal thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to hear about that guy who was cheated on Ebay.
    Frankly I did not read this thread. But the seller from whom I bought the ipad and plan, emailed me back stating that he got the email and forwarded that email to me.

Then I realised that, I have to change it once again.
    so I changed it once again.

so basically, there is a chance to cheat in this one on Ebay.

If You complete the process completely, then it will be excellent, since $30 a mont hand unlimited data is awesome.

but there is a * with conditions apply and everyone should read it carefully though.