guidance needed for revoking developer certificate

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by newlearner, Sep 13, 2009.

1. newlearner macrumors member

newlearner

Hello all,

When i install a provisioning profile into Xcode,it shows "A valid signing identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain". Checking my login keychain(default), it has the public and private key along with my developer certificate and Apple's intermediate certificate. Also, while building my app in Xcode i got the error "The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain"But the problem is the private key is not linked with the developer certificate, which should be in order to code sign and test the app into my device(acc to the guide).

Is there any way to link the key and certificate?

Or do I delete everything and revoke my certificate?

Please guide me as to what should be done in this case.

Thanks

2. newlearner thread starter macrumors member

newlearner

well, i did not find any solution to link the cert and the private key in Keychain Access.

In order to get my app working in my iphone, i did the following:

I deleted the keys, developer cert, apple developer cert and removed the provisioning profile from the Xcode organizer. I revoked my cert in Apple Developer portal and re-issued my cert.

One thing which i noticed is not to simply drag and drop the profile into Xcode as the Apple guide mentions. Copy the profile into /Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles, it would show up in the Organizer now.

Restarting the Mac at regular intervals, after installing the profile into Xcode, on installing the dev cert into the login keychain also helped(though i dont know the reason).

Good luck in solving code-sign issues :)