Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Finally got around to doing the clean install using the OP's method (with just changing the app title in terminal command to match GM's) and it worked flawlessly. I was able to boot, access disk utility to erase HD and then install 10.9.

The only part that I had a concern about was during the first stage of the install (when it says "Preparing to install. Your computer will restart automatically"), when it got to "about a second remaining", it just stayed there stuck at a second remaining for almost 20 minutes before restarting. I panicked a little during that time as the delay seemed excessive but it did eventually restart and continued with the next phase.

All in all, it was easy and it worked great.

PhyrePhox

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
when it got to "about a second remaining", it just stayed there stuck at a second remaining for almost 20 minutes before restarting

thanks for the feedback. Mine also stuck here for a long time, even on the iMac. But once it did actually complete, it finished the install with no problems.

brewster1134

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
rw3

I followed step by step to the T but was returned with this error in the terminal

/Applications/Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview.app [--force] does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

Slide

I was having this same problem, and found it was due to trying to use the installer.app within the original dmg/Resources/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg/

I had this installer copied to my desktop from the original instructions. In case anyone follows the same route i did...

Basically the installer.app you should be using is much larger... the one that is ~5.3 gb not 20mb :)

devildog820

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
Mine is also on "about a second remaining" for the last 15 minutes. Bah. Glad it's not actually stuck though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.