Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StevenThelin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Faxe, Denmark
EDIT: I am sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. Please correct me if so.

Brief:

Hey all! First of all I am new here. Took me awhile to get my bum over here!
Anyway!

As many of you might now, Mavericks simply killed the opportunity for Dock modifications and changes. Which frustrated me a lot!

Today i discovered that it IS possible as a matter of fact, just not through an easy utility (not that i know of, at least)

How to?

Basically navigate to the following folder:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Resources/

In here you will find a large amount of PNG's. They're basically everything that's attached to the dock. So you can just go replace the files you wish to, to personalize your Dock experience.
I haven't found the background file yet, but i keep searching.

Once I've located all of the files, I will make a utility to make it easier for everyone.

Cheers!
:) :apple:

CCerta112

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2013
Aachen
I haven't found the background file yet, but i keep searching.

As far as I know, the background is generated and not a picture file, so it will not be as easy as switching one picture for another.
I might be wrong though. This is just something I read somewhere on the forum ;)

StevenThelin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Faxe, Denmark
As far as I know, the background is generated and not a picture file, so it will not be as easy as switching one picture for another.
I might be wrong though. This is just something I read somewhere on the forum ;)

That makes sense. I do however not tend to give up! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.