GUIDE - Hot Deals for iPhone Wireless Customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jare, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

This guide is PERFECT for Rogers iPhone users. Although we state Rogers several times throughout this thread, I'm pretty sure it will work with just about any Wireless Carrier you can think of.

I personally have tried this out on a whim to see how accurate MrPerfect was on his guide and actually it worked out in me getting a ($15) off my voice and free Caller ID.

The large quote below is from RedFlagDeals via MrPerfect.
    As with MrPerfect I am also quite skilled in getting discounts from Rogers retentions, here is my plan:

I will answer the majority of questions for this thread and do my best to help you out with deals. Please note I am only experienced with ROGERS retentions and not other carriers retention reps.

2. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Here is another quote from RFD, further providing more insight into the Rogers Retentions department.

CREDIT: 7KXakq and MrPerfect of RFD

3. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Several things I have personally been able to get from Rogers. Please remember that it is NOT impossible to get them to discount you/credit you/give you free stuff. It just takes time, patience, several phone calls and a nice rep.

I've only been a Rogers customer since December of 2009. Barely a year and this is what I've gotten discount wise:

PLEASE NOTE: I may NOT be able to assist you in getting a free Handset. These free one's that Rogers offered me were flukes/UNINTENTIONAL and super difficult to duplicate.

$25.00 in plan credits
    $16.00 in addon credits
    1 Free iPhone 3G upgrade -> 3GS.
    1 Free BlackBerry Bold 9700 (due to 3GS problems, they credited my bill for the new device.)
    Early Upgrade to iPhone 4 -> $399, credited down to $159 due to complaining of a glitch in the Upgrade System ;)

2 free upgrades(above), no ETF/Cancel fee, had to renew on 3 year term. My current contract (after everything) expires August 8th, 2013.

POST STILL Saved for future use. Above will be erased.

4. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Last post saved for future use. Will edit & use ASAP. <3

5. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Wicked post!! Just talked to a rep. I have a $10 credit on my account for 2007. I just renewed my contract in order to get the iphone4 which is on my way.

I called in to see if i can re-extend that $10 credit towards another 3 years as i just signed up for another 3 years. Already been with rogers for almost 6 years.

She denied. Said she cant give me more credits.. She cant give credits that total more than my monthly plan.. I explained to her but i already have it just want to extend it. She was saying how i already had all these credits.. But what she didnt seem to get is the fact that the early evenings and weekends was to be included in my plan for the beginning so that early evening credit is there because of their screw up i shouldnt need to have a credit for it as it should be included in the $20.

She was cold. Didnt get anything out of it. What do you think?

Here is the plan, its the monthly credit thats epxiring..

$ 20.00 200min/Wkday/Unltd -Eve&Weeknds/My5 Canada Wide
    $ 7.00 6pm Early Evenings
    $ 10.00 Retention Val. Pack (2500 txt, VM, CID)
    $ 30.00 6GB Data Package
    $ 8.23 SAF + Fees
    -$ 6.95 System Access Fee Credit
    -$ 10.00 Monthly Plan Credit
    -$ 10.00 Data Discount Credit
    -$ 7.00 Early Evenings Credit
    -------- --------
    $ 41.23 Subtotal
    $ 5.36 HST
    $ 46.59 Total

6. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Try again. Don't be afraid to call multiple times and speak with seperate reps. Be aggressive (NOT overly) and firm and eventually someone will cave.

7. halisray macrumors regular

On top of telling Bell that I am a loyal customer of theres(satellite,internet,landline) and that Rogers offered to pay half my cancel fee.. should I say something along the lines like Rogers are also offering me, as a plan, like free CID, unlimited texting, 6pm evenings/wknds and such?

or do I leave it at Rogers will pay half my cancel fee for me to sign on with them?

8. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Small chunks of information at a time have greater success rate. The more information, the more chance they'll deny you something.

9. halisray macrumors regular

alright cool - man this is kind of stressful haha

I have no idea how to start the convo :p

oh well, I'll try in a few days when I have more time on my hands and see if I can crack them!

10. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

The first/second post of this thread provide great tips on what to say to the reps. :)

Don't stress, it's not as hard as you think.

11. halisray macrumors regular

Hey so I finally called Bell retentions and this was my old plan:
    200 minutes
    My-5
    500mb
    9pm evenings wknds
    All for $50 + tax

Now I have:
    200 minutes
    My-10
    Unlimited texting
    500mb
    Call display
    6pm evenings wknds

For $50+ taxes

12. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Did you use this guide or your own way? Thanks for sharing!

13. halisray macrumors regular

In part yes - I spoke to 3 people and only the third was nice enough to help me out.. the other two were *******s.

Just treat the person with respect, and do NOT accept the first deal.. they offered me that plan at $60 and I told them it was too expensive.

I called the next day, got a new rep, reiterated the plan that the previous person told me and said that they the previous rep was going to give me this for $50 and the rep bought the lie and gave it to me lol.

So yeah, I win. I love this plan, the other one sucked balls.

14. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

I'm glad things worked out in the end for you. Congrats!