Guides in the macbook/macbook pro/macbook air forums

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by CalBoy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I noticed that the macbook/macbook pro/macbook air forums have their guides very unevenly distributed (all of them are in the "macbook pro" forum).

Picture 2.png
    The macbook forum has no guides in it,
    Picture 1.png
    and it probably could use the "macbook" guide, "macbook Buyer's Guide," and the "Guide to Intel RAM" at the very least.

Also, would it be possible to include the "laptop battery guide" in the macbook and macbook pro guide area now? By my count, the guide zones in both forums will be roughly 3 guides lighter than the older macbook/macbook pro forum used to be. Since battery and calibration questions are quite common, I thought that that guide could be useful.

2. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

I tried playing with the headings last night, and even though it's been more than 12 hours, they didn't work.

I edited the guide itself on this page for the macbook, and it worked for a brief period, but it's since reverted back to the blank guide zone even though it will display the guides if you hit the "edit" button.

Are Forum Heads locked to just mods/admins?

3. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

4. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

It works for me too now. :confused:

I suppose it was a caching issue.

Thanks. :)

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The problem I am seeing now is that the Guide items at the top of forums are MISSING. Right now I see no items at the top of the MacBook Air forum, but there should be 4. Sometimes they're there; often they're not.

And this has occurred for me on multiple machines (work Windows PC, my MacBook Air, *and* my Mac Pro).

6. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'm seeing the same thing right now too (and the macbook pro has returned to the old version with macbook at the top).

Suppose it's a problem in the software?

Edit: the macbook guides are gone too, even though I know I worked on those.

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

It shouldn't be that the Guides are *gone*... just that the links for them are not showing at the top of the page.

8. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

Well I edited the Forum Heads last week so that they should display appropriate guide links.

I didn't mean "gone" as in "gone." :p