GUIkits on SnowLeo?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Squizy, May 10, 2011.

1. Squizy macrumors newbie

Hi there...I'absolutely a newbie in things like GUI and so on...So, i got to ask, what the main principle is!
    I know, that if I downloaded a .guikit i got to extract it, so that I get the several files (pictures) and actually I must do something with Shapshifter from Unsanity, which isnt gettable for SnowLeopard?!? :confused:
    Is there comming a new version for newer Systems and do I have to know more things about the GUIkits?
    Please post some helpful answers and maybe some tutorial-links ^^

2. Modernape macrumors regular

The main principle is, make sure you know EXACTLY what you're doing before you make any changes. Even then make a TM backup/clone before you attempt anything so you can roll back when things go wrong (as they probably will at some point). Good Luck...

3. Squizy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I know that i got to pay attention...

But my Question was more, if there is still a method to change the GUI, and if someone could post me a tutorial! ^^,

4. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Check the internets for a program called ThemePark--the latest version works with Snow Leopard. However, the number and quality of themes out there leaves much to be desired.

5. Squizy thread starter macrumors newbie

I know TP already, but i cant work with it, because there isn't a tut for it, which i found and i think it's cinda strange...-.- Sooo... I can't open my kits :/

6. Squizy thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I downloaded some themes like Amunra and Photopro of this Page Then I extracted it with Tikiug (because guikitty didn't really get on -.-) and i got a library with the several pics. What do I have to do with them now?

At themepark i got this screen Bildschirmfoto 2011-05-11 um 18.44.10.png :apple::apple:

7. Squizy thread starter macrumors newbie