Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
OK, I have played WoW for years and managed to master playing with the touchpad on macbook pros. This is great for when I don't have a mouse or a flat surface handy, keybinds make it very easy once you are used to it the only downside is the keyboard turning, but I am willing to take that hit.

Anyway in WoW to right click I can just right click but in order to direct my flying or swimming correctly I need to move using the touchpad. To do this in WoW you just use CMD+click as right click then you can move your finger around the touchpad to direct yourself.

Is there anyway I can bind something like this in Windows or GW2? I played the beta of GW2 fine with the touchpad, the only problem was when it came to under water combat holding two fingers down to right click on the touchpad leaves moving under water impossible.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
you shouldn't have to Cmd+Click and drag to do a right click drag. I have mine set up for two finger click is a right click, and in every game I play, i can two finger click then move around 1 finger on the pad, leaving the second stationary to hold it down, and it works fine.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
I have tried that but found it a bit hit or miss when I lift the first finger to steer it often let's go of the right click function too. I will give it a try though once I get the game, hopefully it does work!

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
you shouldn't have to Cmd+Click and drag to do a right click drag. I have mine set up for two finger click is a right click, and in every game I play, i can two finger click then move around 1 finger on the pad, leaving the second stationary to hold it down, and it works fine.

Tried this method in GW2 and it does not work at all, a mouse is the only way to do right click movement it seems.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Windows doesn't work as well with the Mac trackpad as OSX, so that wouldn't be surprising.

Haha yeah, I am using trackpad++ which brings back some functionality, also found an app for windows called auto hot key which lets me rebind keys so i bound one as right click and now I can swim without a mouse!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.