"Guilty Pleasure" - Community ? of the week #4

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Jul 5, 2009.

1. mscriv, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Alright, so what's your guilty pleasure? Is it a certain food, your computer, a game, a sport, adult fun, or maybe even a hobby? What is that thing or activity that you spend entirely too much time doing that everyone else thinks is just too much? Maybe it's personal, maybe it's weird, maybe it's illegal or maybe it's just downright obsessive. Don't be shy now, the community question of the week is how we get to know each other better.

My guilty pleasure is reality TV. I'm such a sucker for it. And don't start telling me that's it not true reality because I already know that. I love everything from the MTV stuff to the major network heavy weights like Survivor and The Amazing Race. I guess it's just the "people watcher" in me. My wife hates it and can barely stand to watch any of it with me. She always give me the, "Why are you watching this junk! I can't believe you like this kind of stuff." Which means I usually have to DVR it and watch after she goes to bed. This in turn means that I stay up way too late at night and end up dragging the next morning. Hey, what can I say, that's why it's a guilty pleasure. :D

2. Captain Awesome macrumors regular

I like taking pictures of plants, nature, and such. I'm a guy. My friends think it's too feminine :(

Attached Files:

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Ohhhh, those are really pretty. :)

I love to watch iJustine videos... they're just deliciously silly... :eek:

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

I'm a 21 year old guy and I'm the same way... but I'm also bisexual... haha... sorry man. I don't act feminine at all though..

5. Keebler macrumors 68030

me - i like hunting and being in the outdoors. i like "God's country" and not this man made crappy urbanite world we've created. odd b/c i like technology, but just not the cities and urban landscapes.

ppl do think i'm obsessive about loving the outdoors so much, but there's just something about it. :)

food wise - once in a blue moon, a good bag of dill pickle chips can disappear very quickly, but then the next day, I feel deep regret.

and ironically, working out - since I found the right path of regular exercise, i'm a b*itch if I miss a few days without a good workout. I've felt so much better (plus the lost weight), that i need to workout at least 3 times a week.

6. Captain Awesome macrumors regular

Well thank youuuuuuz :)

Never heard of 'em. YouTubed it, thank you for wasting 5 minutes of my life watching some girl rave on about cheeseburgers :p

7. Captain Awesome macrumors regular

Sweet. I'm 16 and straight :)
    Yeah, I have a Canon 20D. There's something about nature photography I love.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

But, but, but... there are other videos... Ok, I'll stop. :eek:

9. Captain Awesome macrumors regular

Yeah I'll totally check those out..... :rolleyes::p

10. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

I like celebrity gossip. I am ashamed. :eek:

Also, I really enjoy the band 3OH!3. Like, lots.

Your friends are wrong. Nature is awesome and those are lovely pics. :)

11. joro macrumors 68020

joro

12. brax.j macrumors regular

Mine is cycling I can ride for hours without getting bored I also have been waking up at 6:30AM to watch the Le Tour de France. My other pleasure would have to be cars I spend way to much money and time going to track days and the up keep costs way to much but I love it.

13. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Peanut butter by far is my guilty pleasure. I eat it by the spoonful several times a day. Most likely hundreds of calories worth each day but I'm still skinny. Thank God for Cross Country running. :D

14. Captain Awesome macrumors regular

I used to eat peanut butter from a spoon when I was seven. *shoves economy-sized jar of smooth peanut butter away*

Hrmm, what else is there. When there's nothing else on, I sometimes watch SpongeBob :eek:

15. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

LOLCats. I don't know why, but I love 'em. I love reading Caturday in the Fark. (I think it was the 4th of July)

16. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

My guilty pleasure lately has been watching Grey's Anatomy. I've been a LOST girl the last few years but after a friend lent me her copy of season one, I've been addicted to the series. I've shunned a few friends lately saying "I don't feel so good, you girls go ahead without me" and then popped in a few DVDs. :eek:

My other guilty pleasure is shoe & make-up shopping.

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah. MacRumors. Guilty.

18. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

19. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Armageddon films. I just love the subject for some reason! I'm not depressed, I love this place blah blah. I just like seeing how we'd survive after something big and (in Roland Emmerich's films) the effects leading up to it.

21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

22. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Same here. That movie is pure awesome.

****, were did my balls go? *looks under the couch*

23. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Mine would have to be eating chips or drinking coke. I break out in pimples if i do and mum drills me for it. But i figure what the hell u only live once and u could drop dead at any moment why not enjoy it

At the moment of typing this i am eating chips lol, no coke drinking beer

24. Queso macrumors G4

Bloody hell. I haven't played that in more than a decade :D

MTG FTW!!

25. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I'm the same way. I don't know if you could classify it as a 'guilty pleasure' although I don't tell that many people that I do, but I feel pretty bad if I miss a workout..

Makes me feel more limber, and feel like it power washes my brain (if that makes any sense)