Guitar Hero 3. 360 or Wii

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by cbrain, Jan 9, 2008.

1. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Hi,

I am thinking about buying Guitar Hero 3, but I'm not sure whether to get it on 360 or Wii.

Do anyone of the versions have advantages over the other?

Thanks for reading.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I have it for Wii; the guitar is a bit heavier (which you may or may not prefer) due to the Wii remote inside, the strum bar is a bit "clickier" (which again you may or may not prefer) and maybe louder when you press it.

The tilt sensor is a bit more sensitive (which I personally like, though during the really, really hard songs I've set it off accidentally when I was slamming the buttons down hard and rocking out).

The Wii version also has rumble (which you again may or may not prefer, but it can be turned off), and you hear mistakes coming from within the guitar rather than the screen.

The 360 has better graphics (who cares on a game like this?) in the background, and a better player-matching system for online play (XBox Live).

2nyriggz has the 360 version...I'm curious to hear what he has to say.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Doesn't the 360/PS3 support additional downloadable content to extend the lifespan of the game too.. just something to think about.

I cant play any of these game, I just get frustrated.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The Guitar for GH3 for the 360 got a little weight to it more so than the GH2 guitar(you might like this) The fret button/color button feel a little stiffer to me and doesn't give you that "click click" sound when you strum(which is a plus)

I prefer the GH2 guitar over the GH3 so I play with that one.....Graphics really don't matter in this game(by the way they are nice)

Both copies are the same except I don't know if the wii version allow music pack downloads....thats the deciding factor.

Bless

5. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

360 version without a doubt.

I have played both and also the ps3 version. I sold the ps3 version and plummed for the 360 one.
    The 360 version is the only one where the hardware is like an extra dedicated controller. The ps3 version you have a receiver for the guitar that you have to plug in to the ps3 and the wii version you have to mess about putting the controller inside the guitar.

IMHO the 360 version is a finished standalone product and also extra downloadable content along with playing online with anyone and everyone puts it as the leader.

6. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there suspicions that the sound output for GH3 on Wii was in Mono?

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Activision is expected to recall them sometime this month. Hopefully we can get them to give us something free like EA did with Rock Band :D

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Currently yes. Wii support has been announced for Q1 of 2008 so relatively soon that difference won't matter.

9. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

wait EA gave us something free????????

I didn't feel like I got ANYTHING free from EA for $170! Did they offer a rebate or something??

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

11. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I have it on the 360 and I LOVE it because I have it hooked up via the optical connection to a 1000 Watt THX system. It's incredible.

I'm not sure if the Wii has the same sound capabilities.

12. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I'd say go for the 360 version because you'll be hard pressed finding the Wii version, at least I sure am.

I've been hoping to pick this up for the Wii for the past few weeks but I can't seem to find it anywhere. A buddy of mine out on the East Coast picked up a copy at Wal*Mart a few days ago, so I called a few around me and they all had received shipments but were already sold out.

:(

13. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

360 easily. With the Wii version you'll never have any more songs than what the game comes with. 360 has the HDD and downloadable songs so your track library can grow if you choose. Plus the 360 is stereo now, where as the Wii version will be playing catchup.

It's the same game but the 360 has extra features for the same price. No brainer...

14. sleeper20 macrumors newbie

sleeper20

get it for the Wii cause the 360 will eventually break and you will still have GH3 to play while you wait for the repair

15. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

That website just has a link to the Amazon page where I can pay way too much money for "New and Used" copies.

I'll probably just wait until the stereo discs are available instead of having to bother with replacement discs.

Thanks for the link though!

16. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Absolutely, the downloadable content definitely makes the 360 version a better choice. I love playing the Halo theme on GHIII :)

And not only does the 360 version support stereo...it actually does 5.1.

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I've heard reports that downloadable songs are coming for Wii on early 2008....once WiiWare is out(I'm assuming)

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm kind of hoping that when they issue the GH3 recall over the Mono output issue, they add the new songs on the reissued discs :) Least they can do for the inconvenience, right? EA was giving out free games for those inconvenienced by Rock Band problems.

19. cbrain thread starter macrumors 65816

cbrain

I read that Activision are now recalling the Wii discs.

I gave Guitar Hero a try in a shop and I found it very difficult to play so I will not be getting it.

Thanks for your help anyway.

20. lfielder06 Guest

I would go for the 360. I have owned both and with the wii version you have to keep taking the wiimote out in order to play different games, major pain.

21. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That's silly. Get the game; it takes a little practice to get used to. I tried it in a store and disliked it too, until a friend had me play it a little more. Then it clicked.

A store is not a good environment to get a feel for that game.

23. Illicit macrumors 6502

guitarfreaks for the ps3 is a much much better choice than any gh version imo.

24. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

Get it for the 360 because of the downloads but also because star power seems to be easier to activate on the 360 guitar.