Guitar Hero 3 better on mac or PC?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by thechidz, Dec 28, 2007.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

So you can see what Im running in my sig... I am planning on picking up xp home to run with bootcamp but Im wondering what y'all think about running GH3 on a PC vs. Mac OS... (same machine:mac)

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I just received GH3 for Xmas and initially I thought it was a "kids game," but by far it's the most addicting game I've played since, uhmm... I can't remember. Looking at the minimum and recommended system requirements for both Mac and PC, they seem to be fairly similar although as always, PC video drivers are better. Initially I was a bit skeptical of this game running on my SR MBP(2.4GHz) as I've had a few disappointing endeavors with Aspyr ported games, but GH3's performance has surprised me; Although one can never overlook it's rather steep system requirements.

Although I haven't played GH3 in Windows, I would go out on a limb and say that gameplay is probably smoother, although it's not too shabby in Mac OSX.

3. matthewmystar macrumors newbie

I just bought GH3 for my macbook pro 2.0GHz core duo and since I dont have an apple store around me I ended up having to buy the PC only version. I don't understand why they cant just sell the same universal copy of the game everywhere. So anyway I put a copy of vista on my mac to play it on and it runs pretty smoothly. I'm sure it would run better in XP, but I unfortantly cannot tell you how well it runs in OS X.

4. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

i just bought the hybrid disc and am running it on my mbp 2.4 ghz 2 gb ram

you're gonna be fine

5. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

There is a hybrid disc? Just curious, where did you purchase it.. I've been looking for something like for a while now. Thanks!

6. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

ive been playing it on osx for a few days. Its so much fun although practice mode (where the music gets slowed down) doesnt work well. I have a copy of xp on the way and am going to try it on that

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

with the settings i'm using i don't notice any difference in OS X or Vista (C2D 2.4ghz 17" MBP with 4gb RAM). i have it installed in Windows so i can play with custom songs and OS X to play in co-op and career mode.

Andrew D: i got mine from Apple online. but my local Target and Best Buy both sell it. just be sure to pick the one up that says "PC + Mac" on the box.

8. Weezy F Baby macrumors member

9. charliehorse55 macrumors newbie

How to Play Custom Songs on a Mac