Guitar Hero III Controller to Mac (Wii Version)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by armoguy94, Nov 9, 2007.

1. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

Is there anything out that will allow you to use your Wii's GH3 controller with your Mac + Frets on Fire? That would be so cool. My Mac has bluetooth, of course.. so I'm hoping everything should be fine for me if something is out/comes out.

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Frets on Fire works on your computer? Wow.

3. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

It would be awesome to get this to work, my brother has the guitar and I was wondering if anyone could get this working with say Garage band??

The light lights up, but then goes out so it does read it...anyone have any idea?

4. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

You might be better off with the PS3 version, doesn't it come with a USB Dongle?

5. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

We have a 360 guitar hero II controller, the wired one.. so it is usb.. I just need some help getting something to recognize it. That would be awesome, I have searched google all over, and all the results I get are about guitar hero III coming our for macs..

6. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

IDK on mac, because FoF give me a black screen, but i use it in bootcamp.

You need a program (windows) called GlovePIE, and a script to remap the GHIII controls to the FoF controls. Here To connect, just open bluetooth, add new device, press 1 and 2 at the same time on the wiimote, select the device, and choose no pass key. Open the script in GlovePie, press play, then run FoF.

7. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

I read on the aspyr (i think it was aspyr) website that guitar hero 3 is making its way to pc and mac.

already checked the system requirements...and u need at least a C2D 2ghz :(.

My 1st gen MB's CD 1.83ghz just doesn't cut it :(

8. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

wow that means even my MBP won't handle it?! I have a CD 2.16ghz :(

9. armoguy94 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know it must be possible because I've used a program to connect my Wii Remote to my Mac and use it as a mouse. All the buttons work (even D-Pad).

10. OLD ELPASO macrumors member

I use my ps2 RockBand USB controller with frets on fire... I configure it with USB Overdrive.

It should be the same with a Wii, if it's USB compatible...

It's a pretty straight forward application, you should get it working in no time.

11. armoguy94 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks but the Wii is all wireless via Bluetooth

12. ghsolisa macrumors newbie

GH3 Wii Controller on Mac

Did you get to use the GH3 Guitar for Wii on your Mac?

13. armoguy94 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, went to Darwiin Remote and it turns out that the GH3 Wii Controller is a modified classic controller, so I just reconfigured the classic controller's settings. Now I'm getting GH3 for Mac without the Guitar and I'm going to use my Wii GH3 Controller for it. :)

14. maeishoj macrumors newbie

Please help

Hi, i really need to know how to connect a wii guitar to my macbook as soon as possible, can you (from the last post) answer? how do i do? by bluetooth?

15. maeishoj macrumors newbie

I use my ps3 guitar on my mac and i udes usb overdrive, but i guess i don't have to use this... or yes? Can me and another friend (me using the ps3 guitar and him using the wii guitar) play with our 2 guitar together or against? please answer asap

16. armoguy94 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I'd imagine you can use the PS3 guitar and the Wii guitar together to play multiplayer on Frets on Fire (possibly GH3 for mac I don't know much about that).

You just need a Mac with Bluetooth (if it doesn't have bluetooth you can buy a USB bluetooth dongle for like $10-20 off of Newegg.com), and DarwiinRemote. It's really easy.

http://blog.gsign-studios.de/?p=71
    That's the tutorial I used. Check it out

17. cyrus08 macrumors newbie

What about PS3 controller?

Is there a way to get the PS3 Guitar to work on mac? I tried using Gamepad Companion but the guitar only works on the menus of GH3. When trying to play the songs the buttons don't function correctly, like when i press orange, red is activated on screen. No strum bar functionality as well. Any help? This is the wireless PS3 guitar.

18. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

+1. I've never gotten it to work on any Mac, and only two PC's.

19. jdunk4 macrumors newbie

How to get Wii instrument working on Mac

Please follow this guide that I created on the frets on fire wikidot page.

It outlines all the tools available to get various Wii Rock Band and Guitar Hero instruments to work.

http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/using-wii-controllers-on-mac-fof

Also, if you see anything on the guide that needs updating, let me know!