Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Is there anything out that will allow you to use your Wii's GH3 controller with your Mac + Frets on Fire? That would be so cool. My Mac has bluetooth, of course.. so I'm hoping everything should be fine for me if something is out/comes out.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Is there anything out that will allow you to use your Wii's GH3 controller with your Mac + Frets on Fire? That would be so cool. My Mac has bluetooth, of course.. so I'm hoping everything should be fine for me if something is out/comes out.

Frets on Fire works on your computer? Wow.

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
It would be awesome to get this to work, my brother has the guitar and I was wondering if anyone could get this working with say Garage band??

The light lights up, but then goes out so it does read it...anyone have any idea?

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
You might be better off with the PS3 version, doesn't it come with a USB Dongle?

We have a 360 guitar hero II controller, the wired one.. so it is usb.. I just need some help getting something to recognize it. That would be awesome, I have searched google all over, and all the results I get are about guitar hero III coming our for macs..

marioman38

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Long Beach, CA
IDK on mac, because FoF give me a black screen, but i use it in bootcamp.

You need a program (windows) called GlovePIE, and a script to remap the GHIII controls to the FoF controls. Here To connect, just open bluetooth, add new device, press 1 and 2 at the same time on the wiimote, select the device, and choose no pass key. Open the script in GlovePie, press play, then run FoF.

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
I read on the aspyr (i think it was aspyr) website that guitar hero 3 is making its way to pc and mac.

already checked the system requirements...and u need at least a C2D 2ghz :(.

My 1st gen MB's CD 1.83ghz just doesn't cut it :(

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
I know it must be possible because I've used a program to connect my Wii Remote to my Mac and use it as a mouse. All the buttons work (even D-Pad).

OLD ELPASO

macrumors member
May 28, 2005
I use my ps2 RockBand USB controller with frets on fire... I configure it with USB Overdrive.

It should be the same with a Wii, if it's USB compatible...

It's a pretty straight forward application, you should get it working in no time.

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Did you get to use the GH3 Guitar for Wii on your Mac?
Yup, went to Darwiin Remote and it turns out that the GH3 Wii Controller is a modified classic controller, so I just reconfigured the classic controller's settings. Now I'm getting GH3 for Mac without the Guitar and I'm going to use my Wii GH3 Controller for it. :)

maeishoj

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Please help

Yup, went to Darwiin Remote and it turns out that the GH3 Wii Controller is a modified classic controller, so I just reconfigured the classic controller's settings. Now I'm getting GH3 for Mac without the Guitar and I'm going to use my Wii GH3 Controller for it. :)

Hi, i really need to know how to connect a wii guitar to my macbook as soon as possible, can you (from the last post) answer? how do i do? by bluetooth?

maeishoj

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009

I use my ps3 guitar on my mac and i udes usb overdrive, but i guess i don't have to use this... or yes? Can me and another friend (me using the ps3 guitar and him using the wii guitar) play with our 2 guitar together or against? please answer asap

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Yes, I'd imagine you can use the PS3 guitar and the Wii guitar together to play multiplayer on Frets on Fire (possibly GH3 for mac I don't know much about that).

You just need a Mac with Bluetooth (if it doesn't have bluetooth you can buy a USB bluetooth dongle for like $10-20 off of Newegg.com), and DarwiinRemote. It's really easy.

http://blog.gsign-studios.de/?p=71
That's the tutorial I used. Check it out

cyrus08

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
What about PS3 controller?

Is there a way to get the PS3 Guitar to work on mac? I tried using Gamepad Companion but the guitar only works on the menus of GH3. When trying to play the songs the buttons don't function correctly, like when i press orange, red is activated on screen. No strum bar functionality as well. Any help? This is the wireless PS3 guitar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.