Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Just say no. :D

Link

MONTREAL (AFP) - After catching his 15-year-old smoking pot, a father sold the hard-to-get "Guitar Hero III" video game he bought his son for 90 dollars for Christmas at an online auction, fetching 9,000 dollars....

The naughty son, however, will not go without a present on Christmas.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I would be surprised if he actually gets paid. this sounds like a scammer bid it up, and doesn't intend to ever pay.

marioman38

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Lol, i saw that auction :cool:

Hard to find? I went to Wal-Mart on OCT 31, a few days after the release, my local Wal-Mart had quite a few (for Wii) :D

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Hard to find? I went to Wal-Mart on OCT 31, a few days after the release, my local Wal-Mart had quite a few (for Wii) :D

I expect that with the run up to Christmas, it has gotten harder to find. I also expect that after the first shipment after 12/25, it will be rather easy to find. But, in the meantime...

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
Lol, i saw that auction :cool:

sure, it was easy to get on the release day ... but now its impossible (for the $90 price)

Edit: It wasn't advertised that well before the release..

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.

Ah, they had it for the PS2, which is what I have anyway.

PS2 ones and the 89.99 360 versions are simple to find.

Why? No one really wants it for PS2 from what I gather, and everyone wants the wireless controller, not the old 360 controller from GH2.

I personally find these games rather boring.

I also hate how they make people think that they actually can play guitar now. God, I hate it when people come into my store, grab the guitar and think they're a Guitar Hero.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
God, I hate it when people come into my store, grab the guitar and think they're a Guitar Hero.

Seriously? I mean, man, I play all the time and I love it, but I don't go around guitar stores and rock out... that's worse than air guitar. Sheesh.

I do, however, play "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" on Expert well enough that... well, you know, I could take up the challenge on a real guitar...

irmongoose

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
I also hate how they make people think that they actually can play guitar now. God, I hate it when people come into my store, grab the guitar and think they're a Guitar Hero.

You must be referring to me, only I don't think I am a GH, I know I am :p

I find these games incredibly fun. Perhaps one of the best games of all time (and I go back to the Atari 2600 era). Can't wait for Santa to bring me Rock Band!

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
You must be referring to me, only I don't think I am a GH, I know I am :p

I find these games incredibly fun. Perhaps one of the best games of all time (and I go back to the Atari 2600 era). Can't wait for Santa to bring me Rock Band!

I dont mind the people who can play.

I enjoy the people who can play.

Its the people that sound absolutely horrible, then fiddle with the adjustment knobs and break the strings. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.