Guitar Hero III xbox live is no fun

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Schnebar, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Schnebar macrumors 6502

Ok I have been a guitar hero fan since GHII and can play songs on expert in campaign mode. I play with my friends and usually beat them every time.

I thought I was pretty good.

Then today I decided to check out the xbox live feature and it was crazy. I joined 4 different games and each one the person had like 150 note combos on songs where I could only get a 39 point combo.

I would get like one fifth of their scores.

Then on battle mode I would get out within 20 seconds.

On my last game I picked My name is Jonas which I thought I was pretty good at. The person I played against got every note 100%. A 700 note combo.

I don't know if it is always like that but I don't see how anyone who just gets guitar hero can play online if everyone is like that.

I guess they could play on medium level but that is never fun because it is so slow?

Is it always like that? Or did I just pick a bad night?

2. odagled macrumors member

3. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

At least you can play expert! I'm still stuck on Hard, and I usually have to get my younger brothers to help me beat expert.

That said, I've played online and have beat a few people. I think it's because I play at night when the adults are up.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

be cool if they had a profile created from single player mode than matched you to those who are of similiar skill level

5. Schnebar thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah like halo.

Like match people with similar ranks and you can rank up.

Because I felt like it was no fun for them to play someone who was like me.

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I was thinking the same thing. :D

<]=)

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I remember browsing one forum before GH III came out and someone was asking for help with one of the songs. Apparently he was looking at posted YouTube videos of the new songs and strumming along for practice. :eek:

Some people just have too much time on their hands.

8. ToddW macrumors 6502a

me as well. i also wish they had a ranking system like halo, where you are matched up with other people of your same rank.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I also think they need to take similar ranked people and pair them. Losing every time makes things a little less fun however, I wouldn't say it's "no fun" just that it's challening and they need to be better at pairing people by rank.