Guitar Hero On Tour?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Mar 19, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

So what do you think of Guitar Hero DS (aka: On tour)? Looks a bit weird but it seems that the accessory with probably mimic the guitar controller well. Just with some oddness...

For those that don't know:

Trailer Warning! The trailer looks retarded
    Picture
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm sorry to say but that looks dumb....I can't imagine playing with that thing in public...unless I can use my own tracks then its brilliant:D

Bless

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

It doesn't seem like something to bring out of the house that would look pretty stupid in a pocket. I think the home ones are A LOT better than this will ever turn out to be.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I saw this in an IGN article a few hours ago, I think it looks cool. Gimmicky, yes, but still looks fun. I don't know how well it will sell, but I like the concept and would consider buying if i had a DS.

5. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I watched the trailer and I'm LMAO. I love GH, so pending reviews after it's released, maybe I'll pick one up, but like others have said, I don't see myself playing it in waiting rooms. Perhaps on road trips, though. :)

6. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Okay, while it looks ridiculously awesome in an absolutely stupid way (I don't know how to explain it), after watching the trailer...

1) It looks comfortable to hold
    but
    2) Using the touch screen to strum? A song like Through the Fire and Flames has 1800 notes on MEDIUM. Can you imagine what strumming 1800 times on a DS touch screen will do to it? :eek: This could easily ruin screens.

8. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

2) Who knows, it might work just using your thumb on the screen. That would be easier.

9. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

After seeing that the first thing I thought of was iPod Touch/iPhone in landscape mode, GH playing, the "controller" plugged into the dock connector.

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Idk.. I have a feeling this will be a huge hit or huge miss. I want to see the review when it comes out before I judge it too harshly...

11. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My sister got this today and I have to say... It's pretty good :eek: I don't like the console versions at all but this works great in its cut down form. Shame there's only 2 decent tracks unlocked from the start. Pretty easy too, I mean it's the first rhythm game I've properly played and I already got 99% on We're Not Gonna Take It on medium. Maybe too easy?

Oh and ours is broken. The yellow button sometimes sticks so it'll be replaced tomorrow. :eek:

Kinda like it though. I don't get the hang-ups about playing it public, no different to playing any other handheld game in public :confused: so long as you use headphones like.

13. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

This is a decent game, but I can only play 3-4 songs at a time before my hand starts to cramp up.

Of course, I have man hands.:D

14. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I got it, and like it. I guess I have small hands, but I still take a break after about 4 or 5 songs. I saw a hack somewhere, (sorry didn't save it) for playing it without the controller attached to the DS.

15. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

my 9 year old campers like it but much rather play the normal version. :rolleyes: