Guitar not playing in garage band using Edirol UA-25 interface

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by topherh73, Apr 30, 2011.

1. topherh73 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone can help me to resolve the problem I am currently having.

My system is pretty simple. I have an IMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 and I have an edirol 24 bit 96khz interface. It has been working well until recently.

I use garage band to record real instruments and also use a midi keyboard. I had a hard time getting my midi to work but now it is finally working real instruments are not.

I can playback itunes and garageband tracks through the interface and I have checked all the midi and sound settings a million times. The input setting are correct and it doesn't seem to work. Is it a Garage band problem or a problem with the edirol installer? I have had trouble with permissions in the m-audio firmware loader which I can't seem to fix. I am really getting frustrated with a pretty simple set up. I would be grateful if someone has had this problem and can offer any advice or fix.

2. OS X Dude macrumors 6502a

OS X Dude

First things first - do you have the most up-to-date drivers and software installed? I went through what can only be described as HELL when I first tried to install my out-of-date, incompatible, Line 6 UX2 software and drivers (but were the ones included in the box :S)

If so, I'd personally un-install everything relating to your interface and re-install from scratch. If you still have the same problem, I'd get in touch with the manufacturer.

3. iTris666 macrumors newbie

I Own an Editor UA-5 which is older, but more or less the same hardware as the UA-25, I can't remember if I Ihave tested it with garage band but it work fine with logic.

First do you hear the guitar on the interface phones jack when you activate the direct monitoring ? You should hear it even if the interface is not connected on the computer. This validate your settings on the interface

Second Edirol chose to use the right input as the "mono" High Z input whereas approximately every other hardware I know use the left input. So maybe garageband suppose that the guitar is plugged on the left input. It can be checked by making the input in garageband a stereo one, you should the hear the guitar on one side. And see it on the garageband meters,

About drivers, you can test in non advanced mode, which use drivers integrated in Mac OS X.