Guitar Pick Stuck in CD Drive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sandyish, Aug 27, 2009.

1. sandyish macrumors newbie

The title of this is pretty self-explanatory - I have a guitar pick stuck in the CD drive of my Macbook and I'm just wondering if there's any way I can go about getting the thing out myself or if I'm better off heading to an Apple store and having them take a look at it.

Thanks!

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  4. snakesqzns macrumors regular

snakesqzns

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Air compressor? If that doesn't work try sending in a Smurf. Aren't they small enough?

6. sandyish thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha I guess it is a bit odd. I was carrying my Macbook on its side with the CD slot right up against my palm, and I guess I didn't realize there was a guitar pick in my hand as well. I looked down and saw it poking out and tried to pull it out but because of the shape of the pick, it's rounded, I just ended up pushing it in more. Now it's completely inside of the drive and I hate myself.

7. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

well at least your left ear isn't clogged up (it's really weird having to not hear in one ear and you can with the other) (It's like Mono on the left ear and stereo on the right ear) by cleaning your ear with a q-tip

I would try asking or calling the apple store, or going to the store itself.
    If you're still under apple care i'm sure they could do something with it, it's not a major problem. and plus it's an accident.

8. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Take it to the Apple Store. They'll need to open the case, take out the optical drive and disassemble the drive to pull the pick out. Same procedure as if you put a mini-cd in there.

9. sandyish thread starter macrumors newbie

Yikes. Any idea how long this would take and the cost involved? I'm not sure if I still have Apple care...I got my Macbook around this time last year.

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

You can't turn the computer over and tap/gently shake it out?

11. sandyish thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it seems like it's in there pretty good. The fuzzy stuff around where the disc goes in keeps it from coming out i think.