Guitar Pro for Mac sucks: a tiny bit of help ?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by yoe91, Sep 21, 2011.

1. yoe91, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

yoe91 macrumors member

Hey yall,
    I write all my compositions on GP. I use GP4 on my PC for the interface which is the quickest/most practical by far they ever made.

The GP5 for Mac is beyond (below ?) terrible and I tried GP4 through VMWARE on Windows XP. It works but the commands are all messed up.
    For e.g. for fret 6, the '6' key on the keyboard doesn't display 6....and other weird stuff.

My question:
    is there any way to calibrate the map for GP4 through VMWare on my mac - or even better, get the Windows GP4 interface on my mac directly ? Or any cool third option ????.....

many thanks,
    cheers.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

"Crossover" is the commercialized version of the free "wine" software. It will let you run some Windows programs directly on the Mac.

Maybe you will like GP6. or just give up and use one of the other notation programs

3. yoe91 thread starter macrumors member

Hey that's actually not bad an idea...I have GP6 for Mac actually, but I haven't really given it a good shot, I'm so used to the GP4 interface...
    I suppose GP4 should work through Crossover...

I'm still hoping for more solutions though pleaaaaaaaase ??

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Since you are running Fusion, it has options to remap keys so that you should be able to solve some of the issues you are having.

5. yoe91 thread starter macrumors member

Can you now ?!
    Well, that's good news....I hope it's possible to remap the keys for a specific, given software.

Thanks man, I'll look into it.