iPad mini Guitarists/bassists...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theatremusician, Jul 25, 2016.

1. theatremusician macrumors member

theatremusician

Are any of you using JamUp Pro XT and/or Amplitube on the iPad Mini 2? Specifically looking for info on these apps on the iPad Mini 2 only. Interested in latency, patch changing speed. Also interested if you're using the iRig BlueTurn to change patches. Thanks.

2. theatremusician thread starter macrumors member

theatremusician

In case anyone was following this, I got myself an iPad Mini 2, 32gb. I also picked up the iRig Blueboard rather than the Blueturn (as they work very differently, the BB sends MIDI info while the BT only sends button clicks).

I got JamUp Pro with the acoustic imaging add on. This is now integrated into my guitar setup (as my SN implies, I work in musical theatre productions).

Here's my signal chain(s):

-My Epiphone Les Paul PlusTop Pro/FX w/Floyd Rose is plugged into an ABY box.

The signal is split two ways currently (I plan to add the Fishman Triple Play wireless MIDI system eventually):

-path "A" goes into a Zoom G1Xon multi effects pedal used mainly for dirty sounds and bass simulation
    -path "B" goes into an iRig Stomp which is the iOS interface for the iPad Mini 2 and JamUp used for clean sounds and acoustic simulation (great simulator BTW)
    -each path can be used separately or with the "Y" function, used simultaneously.

Both the Zoom and iPad are output in stereo to 2 Kustom PA50 PA systems for stereo imaging and split acoustic and electric sounds (1 guitar sounds like 2 distinct guitars).

Once I've added the Fishman Triple Play, my setup should likely be one of the most unique out there. Certainly the most versatile (which is important when working in musical theatre).