Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Okay, well last night my friend Jail Broke my iPod Touch first generation because I wanted to have a wallpaper and the original iPod Touch dock. So Anyway! I wanted the original stuff back so took off the theme and It was working okay. But the dock was all weird and had 5 slots instead of 4..

So I was outside with my friend and I thought oh I might as well try to reset the ipod. So the apple with the little loading bar popped up and it was working but it froze up. So I held the home and power button to shut it off.

So here is the real problem! When ever I turn on the iPod it starts to turn on and I see the apple. But then it just shuts off. iTunes is not detecting it, and it is not charging.

I am screwed because the apple store won't cover it because of my stupidity. But my warranty was done anyway.

So I want to restore and never jail break it again...

What can I do to fix this? Please Help! :confused:

macJC50640

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Wow, I was going to say just connect it to a computer but I guess you already tried that...sorry I can't be of much help...

I suppose you could TRY taking it into Apple...I don't know
:confused: :(

iphonesrq

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Tampa
I would call apple, rather than go to the apple store...this way they might not catch that you were JBing

iMouse

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
Boardman, Ohio
Okay, well last night my friend Jail Broke my iPod Touch first generation because I wanted to have a wallpaper and the original iPod Touch dock. So Anyway! I wanted the original stuff back so took off the theme and It was working okay. But the dock was all weird and had 5 slots instead of 4..

So I was outside with my friend and I thought oh I might as well try to reset the ipod. So the apple with the little loading bar popped up and it was working but it froze up. So I held the home and power button to shut it off.

So here is the real problem! When ever I turn on the iPod it starts to turn on and I see the apple. But then it just shuts off. iTunes is not detecting it, and it is not charging.

I am screwed because the apple store won't cover it because of my stupidity. But my warranty was done anyway.

So I want to restore and never jail break it again...

What can I do to fix this? Please Help! :confused:

Throw the device in DFU mode and restore. This is common on failed jailbreaks. :)

Here's a quick tutorial that I came across...

http://forum.pocketables.net/showthread.php?t=566

Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.