Gun and Roses to reunite? For real this time?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacNut, Dec 29, 2015.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The real lineup of Slash and Axl Rose are reported to headline Coachella. Nothing official yet, and even if it becomes official, I won't believe it until it actually happens.

http://www.avclub.com/article/guns-n-roses-reunite-headline-coachella-230182

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Did he ever sound good. I would love to see the real Guns and Roses get back together. Not the crap that Axl has been pushing as GnR. There have been rumors of this for a long time tho, so until it actually happens I'm not holding my breath.

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I'm serious. He sounds like a dying cat now. Big fan of their old stuff though.

5. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

He has no voice now. Those songs Axel used to sing back then was when he was young. Unless he had some serious laser treatment.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Meh, who cares? Their music hasn't held up well over time for me.

7. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I saw Axl a few years ago. You can say he sounds like ****, but if you saw a live performance I think you would change your tune. The show was an impressive 3.5 hours and the man is running around the whole time belting it out.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Interesting from a nostalgia viewpoint, but anyone expecting they'll capture their 80s energy will be disappointed. I saw GnR (as an opening act!) in 1987 and there is no way they could be the same band today. Just no way.

I won't be buying tickets. My last concert was sitting on a lawn drinking wine at a Natalie Merchant show a few years ago. That's as wild as I get these days.

9. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

These are the first time I believe the rumours, obviously as aaronvan mentioned they won't be the same band they were nearly thirty years ago, how could they but seeing them back on stage together would be awesome, Appetite is for me in the Top 10 albums of all time, even the Illusion albums were excellent in parts just too much filler.

Nearly as good news as when Faith No More reformed, so pissed when they split-up and I never got the chance to see them, hopefully they'll tour again as I missed them last time.

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Sorry, the "real lineup" of GnR is going to take more than Slash and Axl, as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: I was listening to Eddie Trunk last night, he said that Axl was scheduled to be on Jimmy Kimmel, ostensibly to announce this "reunion" - then a caller to the show pointed out that Blabbermouth was reporting that Axl's appearance had been cancelled. Red flag?

11. weatherwax macrumors member

weatherwax

Red flag indeed. Count me in the skeptical camp.

12. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Axl Rose has ALWAYS sounded awful live. Always. I have seen them a few times and he has never sounded good. I have not heard him on his recent tour, I don't plan to either.

13. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

They can be as good as they were before, you just need to get them in shape and have some blow on the ready for them!

And your last concert sounds a dream by the way haha! If I could do that a GnR concert I would.

14. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

If GNR can do it, so can Journey. Come on Steve, time to put your differences aside for the good of the fans.

15. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I meant in general ... recorded or live. It's frighteningly bad.

16. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Don't stop believen....hmmmm umm

17. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Recorded he sounds good. Live not so much. LOL.

18. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

So properly confirmed? Guns N Roses?

Not "Fatty McChubbs and The Guys Who Aren't Slash"?

19. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Sounds like it's going to be Axl, Slash, Duff, and a bunch of guys who came in through the revolving door.

20. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

So does David Lee Roth, plus he looks like Carol Channing but it didn't stop Van Halen from reuniting and selling a bunch of tickets.

21. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

I'd pay to see a Slash/Axl reunion, don't much care which fillers they use for bass/drums, though Izzy in the lineup would be nice.

22. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

While Axel looked like crap, he still has the pipes to get it done last night at Coachella.