GutenPrint file (guten5.2.11pre2.dmg)

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by wonkm, Oct 19, 2015.

1. wonkm macrumors newbie

My Canon Pixma ip6700D does not work now with El Capitan so I am trying to get the GutenPrint so I can possibly print that way. I have downloaded the file and it installed but nothing has changed. Do I need to make some other adjustments some place? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

I also have a Canon Pixma printer (an i4000) and the upgrade to Mavericks killed that; Gutenprint works fine, however once you have installed the Gutenprint driver from the .DMG (which you have done) you will need to re-add the Printer and set it up to use the Gutenprint driver.

All I did was go into "System Preferences", "Printers and Scanners", then remove the 'current' Pixma Printer, and add a new one - clicking on the "+" symbol it found it (when it was plugged in via USB and powered on, of course) and when I added it, I set it to use the Gutenprint driver.

That's all I needed, and I have the printer working fine now.

This is a relief, as Canon have zero interest in updating drivers for older Printers in the Pixma range - their initial advice was I go and buy a new printer...

3. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

Once you install the dmg it you'll find Guitenprintvia finder or desktop..then follow advice from previous post.

It works excellent-wifi printing from a basic epson sx100/aes...cant find a usb hub though to allow printer and external hdd to work together from usb port aes-works with either printer or external hdd connected via aes.

4. wonkm thread starter macrumors newbie

5. wonkm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help...works great!

6. wonkm thread starter macrumors newbie

7. wonkm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help..it is working great now!