Guy with "Need $ For iPhone" sign right next to homeless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wildonrio, Sep 18, 2014.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Biggest douche I've ever met in an iPhone line and I've waited every year since 2007. Totally has money for the phone but decides to make a sign that says "Need $ 4 iPhone" right next to two legitimately homeless guys who need money to eat. The guy has already made $176 as of a couple of hours ago. Photo attached. Homeless on the floor on the left, he's first in the line on the right.

[​IMG]

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

My decision to skip the lines is once more vindicated...

These events can attract horrible people!

3. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

4. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

5. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

6. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

Can't blame a guy if people know his intent and they still want to give their money.

..Not that i'd invite the guy over for dinner.

7. poppy10 macrumors regular

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The fact that people are giving him their money is more concerning to me. People give their money away for stupid stuff though. Didn't some guy raise tens of thousands on kick starter to make potato salad?

But who knows, maybe he will hand his earning to the homeless guys.

9. GRANTCKING macrumors regular

im embarrased for anyone who has given that guy money, he deserves a kicking really

10. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

Yep. Regardless of what your stance on homeless people is, this is just plain disgraceful.

11. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think I have a problem with someone just holding up a sign to ask for money for an iPhone. I wouldn't give someone money for doing that, but I don't think it's disgraceful. Doing it in the presence of two starving homeless guys and taking funds from them is what is disgraceful.

And yes, what is even worse is those who actually give him money instead of to the homeless. He told me one lady saw his sign and thought it was "so cute" that she went to an ATM and withdrew $100 and came back and gave it to him.