GV Connect App versus Google Hangouts Dialer

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by macher, Mar 31, 2015.

1. macher macrumors 65816

Oct 13, 2012
    With the GV Connect app I have my Google Voice # on my aList. aList is a list of #'s that are free outgoing and incoming. When I use the GV Connect app it wrings back and calls me on my GV# therefore a free call. When someone calls me on my GV# there is no caller ID because you have to set it up that way.

Been playing with Hangouts dialer and it seems more seamless. I like that it doesn't ring back when making a call as you can make a call directly from the dialer. When someone calls there isn't a caller ID.

Wanted to know if Hangouts dialer can receive incoming calls and be able to have caller ID.
  2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2013
    The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
    I recently switched to hangouts because MMS works there.

I am subscribing to this thread for more information about Caller ID as well.

I miss sending text messages from the google voice site though. I used to leave that site up all day at work. It is taking me a little time to get used to hangouts, and I am sure it's more robust than what I am using it for.
  3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oct 17, 2011
    Doesn't Hangouts simply use data for everything, including calls?
  4. macher thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 13, 2012
    Not sure but if it does we have a 4 line family plan each with unlimited data with AT&T.