GV extension and voicemail

gothamguy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Im trying to figure out how GV extension works with voicemail. I understand that the dialer integrates with the native phone app, but what happens when someone leaves a voicemail on the GV number? Does that record on the native app as well? Is the voicemail still accessible on the web? Or will I need to keep the GV app on the phone anyhow?

Thank you in advance. I cant seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
I just got a voicemail today and it did not integrate with the native voicemail app... it came through the GV app itself. It would be nice if it could integrate like dialer though :cool:

Comment

BrianBaughn

macrumors 604
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
It's really a matter of which voicemail picks up first. In my case the GV voicemail picks up 99% of the time. There has been a couple of times that the phone's VM took the message.

Comment

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Im trying to figure out how GV extension works with voicemail. I understand that the dialer integrates with the native phone app, but what happens when someone leaves a voicemail on the GV number? Does that record on the native app as well?
Not if the VM is left on GV VM. The native app is integrated with your carrier's VM system. VM isn't just an app on your device.

Is the voicemail still accessible on the web?
If it's a GV VM you can access it via the GV site as usual.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.