Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Nice update to GVMobile+ app today. I had nearly given up on it since only the "official" Google app had push notifications. The new app has a workaround that works! Lots of other updates too. Some users are reporting bugs onthe developer's site, but it's working great for me! Deleted Google's app today!

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
The one advantage over Google's app is the 'up to 5 people per text'. Aside from that, what do you like about it over Google's app?

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
The one advantage over Google's app is the 'up to 5 people per text'. Aside from that, what do you like about it over Google's app?

That...and nicer user interface (not that clunky looking android one), ability to send pictures in texts (maybe only works to other app users?).

Oh, and I just discovered integration to the Talkatone app (that I just learned about today). Great for calling from international locations over wifi! Now you can use your phone and Google voice completely as a VOIP phone. Previously I have subscribed to a SkypeIn number that I could have the app call. My number lapses next month and I won't renew it now.

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
That...and nicer user interface (not that clunky looking android one), ability to send pictures in texts (maybe only works to other app users?).

Oh, and I just discovered integration to the Talkatone app (that I just learned about today). Great for calling from international locations over wifi! Now you can use your phone and Google voice completely as a VOIP phone. Previously I have subscribed to a SkypeIn number that I could have the app call. My number lapses next month and I won't renew it now.

Nice, very nice. That works for me. Thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.