Gym/Nutrition on AW compared to Fitbit

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Senfinger, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Senfinger macrumors member

I realize that the AW has its on proprietary BMR based on the typical stats; and the move goal is in addition deficit to this.

So far I have been trying to find the best app combination to rid the fitbit out of my life... = )
    MFP has the negative calorie option that supposedly helps keep your day in check. <Calories vs. HR>
    Right now Fitbit wise... I put in my calories/food and do a daily deficit of 500 and it keeps up all day between what I eat and my active/resting etc. calories- Which obviously are higher due to the fact that Fitbit checks HR every minute as opposed to Apple only every 10 *Came down from 15, props for this* However still less often. Obviously, if HR tracking is on, its continuous for both watches-

So everyone out here... what do you use to stay on track daily etc... between a AW/Iphone setup. THX!!!

2. Zxxv macrumors 68040

I stand in front of a mirror naked and jump up and down. If it wobbles it’s fat.

3. Senfinger thread starter macrumors member

Wow... o_O

4. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Simple methods always work. Don’t knock it.

5. Senfinger thread starter macrumors member

Not when you want to be 500 deficit or less, and have lost all the weight you want to and are looking to be as lean as possible... Sure if you're overweight and don't care about muscle mass or macros etc... then your all good jumping! LOL

6. 576316 macrumors 601

Ahahaha, but that's not true or accurate. But whatever works for you. ;)

7. Zxxv macrumors 68040

That’s when it works the best.

8. IW1206MT macrumors member

I use the AW + the Looseit application. Looseit will track calorie in/out against the AW calorie totals and pays attn to both resting and active AW calories. (Total burned for the day in Looseit will match AW.. you do have to fiddle with settings to make this happen)

9. Senfinger thread starter macrumors member

Much appreciated... I linked to the two... as I tried My Plate, Lose it and MFP. Didn't realize Lose it sync with the Resting and Active as I prefer its interface over MFP *to busy*

10. kidtachyon macrumors member

I’m on a weight loss p[lan. I use the Loseit app also for all of my food intake and I’m eating at a 500 calorie deficit. But I don’t count any exercise calories. The more active I am, the better my overall deficit will be. But I don’t eat more when I exercise more. My calorie limit stays the same regardless of my exercise.

11. Senfinger thread starter macrumors member

So will the Lose It App show you your exercise calories, guessing it will due to the user above doing that.
    Totally agree with you if you eat to your BMR only regardless of deficit due to exercise you will see quicker results.
    = ) more like a 1000-1500 Cal deficit.