H.E Price for 1TB Time Capsule (UK)

tekilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Hi all,

My WD Passport drive died late on Friday and after being away with Uni for 10 days, I'm now without a TM backup since about 15th March.

I'm thinking of taking the (expensive) plunge for a 1TB Time Capsule but as Apple are closed for Easter, I can't get an HE price for it.

Has anyone bought one recently, who can advise what the HE price/saving is as if it's not significant, I'll go an pay full RRP in (ahem) PC World later today.

Thanks in advance,
J.

TheHareBear

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
For Edinburgh Uni

£207.98, including shipping and that is 'within 24hrs'.

You can see these online through the apple store if you browse to the higher education section (in the footer?). I think if you have ever been there over JANET you may still have a cookie that validates you as I can access it by deep-linking. http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_XXXXXXX works for me from home.

tekilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Cheers.
Not as great a saving as I was hoping it might be (I was thinking circa £185 - £190), so I might just opt for another cheap WD drive.
Decisions, decisions...

Chuushajou

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2010
London
Hi Tekilla, I was thinking about getting an external backup system too, and like you, I've been looking at the 'time-machines'. A few days ago a friend recommended to methis Seagate 500GB backup drive(I'm unaware of what size you are after) and this little gem is amazing. I actually move around my Macbook alot and I have this slotted inside the carry case so carrying this isn't a problem.. oh and it spins at 7200RPM that is faster than my Macbook hard-drive :O

Hope this helps :)

-Chu

tekilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Thanks Chu - I was ideally after something portable & bus powered (WD Passport) or wireless (TC).

Cheers.