H.E Price for 1TB Time Capsule (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tekilla, Apr 5, 2010.

1. tekilla macrumors member

Hi all,

My WD Passport drive died late on Friday and after being away with Uni for 10 days, I'm now without a TM backup since about 15th March.

I'm thinking of taking the (expensive) plunge for a 1TB Time Capsule but as Apple are closed for Easter, I can't get an HE price for it.

Has anyone bought one recently, who can advise what the HE price/saving is as if it's not significant, I'll go an pay full RRP in (ahem) PC World later today.

Thanks in advance,
    J.

2. TheHareBear macrumors member

For Edinburgh Uni

£207.98, including shipping and that is 'within 24hrs'.

You can see these online through the apple store if you browse to the higher education section (in the footer?). I think if you have ever been there over JANET you may still have a cookie that validates you as I can access it by deep-linking. http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_XXXXXXX works for me from home.

3. tekilla thread starter macrumors member

Cheers.
    Not as great a saving as I was hoping it might be (I was thinking circa £185 - £190), so I might just opt for another cheap WD drive.
    Decisions, decisions...

4. Chuushajou macrumors regular

Hi Tekilla, I was thinking about getting an external backup system too, and like you, I've been looking at the 'time-machines'. A few days ago a friend recommended to methis Seagate 500GB backup drive(I'm unaware of what size you are after) and this little gem is amazing. I actually move around my Macbook alot and I have this slotted inside the carry case so carrying this isn't a problem.. oh and it spins at 7200RPM that is faster than my Macbook hard-drive :O

Hope this helps :)

-Chu

5. tekilla thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Chu - I was ideally after something portable & bus powered (WD Passport) or wireless (TC).

Cheers.