H2O SIMs in the stores now

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hackthatphone, Sep 16, 2010.

1. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

If you have an iphone 4 and want an option on another carrier in the us you can use h20 (which most likely resells att access) sims which you can find at best buy.

The sim will activate the iphone 4. You don't even need to jailbreak or unlock to use it. Their data plan blows though. You have to purchase the $49 voice plan then only receive 30mb of data.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageControl.php?page=index

2. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Now I'm not normally one to crap on someone's parade...

But with that said...

WHY would you even recommend this?!?!?!?!?!

If..

- Someone doesn't like AT&T's network and looks for an alternative, they're REALLY not going to like H2O as it's just re-selling AT&T's network that they're not happy with to begin with...

or If...

- Someone wants to use their iPhone on a different network this is the same network it's just billed by a different company.

orrrr If...

- Someone is unhappy with AT&T's limiting data to 2,000,000 MB, how are they going to be happy with 30 MB, which is 0.00015% of the data they get for about the same price as going with AT&T?

I'm not sure who this H2O is trying to appeal to. Maybe if you have an old fashioned non-smart-phone and want a prepaid service... but for the same price you can get it right from the source (AT&T) for unlimited voice and 100MB of internet for the same price...

3. Evgenyy macrumors regular

Wow - 2 million MB - AT&T sure is generous! 2 terabytes of data a month! :D

Sorry - couldn't resist :D

4. hackthatphone thread starter macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I didn't bother to read past the words thread crap because I'm not going to waste any time debating with you. Some people, believe it or not, can't qualify for a cell phone contract. If you don't like it then don't buy it. I'm just providing options. I'm not a stock holder. I also pointed out the fact that their data plan blows. I wasn't trying to drive traffic to a site only to hide this fact in the fine print so back off.

It also seems to me many people on these forums can't figure out how to find a sim to activate their iphone. Here's a pretty cheap method that can be located more conveniently than going to an att store and having to come up with some reason why they should bless you with giving you one of their sims.

5. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Yeah, I'm an AT&T customer and i've looked into H20 wireless for when my contract ends. It's actually a great deal.

To bella92108:
    H2O's pricing includes taxes...AT&T's doesn't. It isn't AT&T's network that's the issue for most as much as the pricing in which case h2o is a great alternative. H2O also includes unlimited international texting. At&T costs a lot extra for that privilege. If the data wasn't so low I'd gladly jump on.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There's also a subset of people who regularly post looking for no 3G access at all, and they're frequently upset by the fact that AT&T don't offer such a thing. They want to use the iPhone like an iPod Touch, on traditional wifi networks only. I don't get it, personally, as I'm the reverse (fewer voice minutes/more data/texting please!), but the niche is certainly there. This will appeal to people like that.

Thanks for posting, OP, we at least now have something to recommend to those folks. Someone like that seems to post at least once a week lately.

7. Narse77 macrumors regular

Narse77

I'm sorry but 30mb a month? The site reads like it was put through a translator. What do they do if you go over 30? Stop data or charge you crazy rates? My guess is crazy rates. Seems like a bait and switch to me..........