HA! And people ask why Photographers need fast computers!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BiikeMike, Jul 4, 2007.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Well, here is the answer!

I just finished a weekend of shooting some bike races, and I'm now exporting the two different races to JPEGs, and exporting a flash webpage out of Lightroom. I am also uploading another flash webpage through cyberduck. My quad 2.66 mac pro with 5 gigs of ram is pegged to the max :)

Attached Files:

2. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

iTunes at 100 mb ram? Ouch.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

That is pretty impressive, does Lightroom make the flash for you with scolling thumbnails etc. If so i hve just wasted a lot of time try to learn flash to try and achieve this. Downloading the trial now. Do you have an example of a flash site you have made in lightroom i can look at.

4. nihilisticmonk macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

As a Aperture user, I'd love to see an example of Lightrooms flash web album as well.
    I love Aperture, but I'm very interested in this feature...

5. rwdebes macrumors 6502

5gb ram ? i heard that need to be in pairs.. 2gb - 4gb , 6gb , 8gb...

6. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

i would assume he has a pair of 512's and a pair of 2GB's or 4 1 GBs, so he does have pairs..pairs doesnt mean even number. :)

7. LeviG macrumors 65816

well it could be pairs, 2x512MB & 2x2GB or 4x1GB = total 5GB :)

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

howd the heat go?? did the fans beef up at all??

9. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

It Ran as silent as it is running right now while I am just running Firefox and iTunes. Yeah, I was impressed too!

And for those of you wondering about Lightroom, I would die without it. I tried both lightroom and Aperture, and I was pretty dissapointed in the way that Aperture ran on its own hardware. Anyway, enough of that, to each their own, and I do have a few Lightroom flash examples.

All you do is tell it what pictures you want in it, specify your name and email address and all that stuff, and it does the rest!

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

10. PowerMike G5 macrumors 6502

Here is a shot of my system processes when I am doing a single render of 10-bit HD video on my 8-core Mac Pro.

It usually goes around 700% - 750% on just one render. I love the Mac Pro :)

Attached Files:

11. flappo macrumors regular

how do you find the 8 core in daily use ? does it make much noise and do many programs make use of the full 8 cores ??

12. PowerMike G5 macrumors 6502

So far, my only program that uses all 8 cores is final cut pro when doing heavy rendering on 10-bit HD video.

The 8-core is whisper quiet ... very surprising considering mines is fully loaded (all HD bays and RAM slots are filled, have the ATI graphics card, and an HD capture card)