ha ha i love the new screen shot feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigjnyc, Jul 16, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I just had my friend going crazy... i took a screen shot of his iphone home screen then opened it in the photo album so it looked like his home screen, i kept pressing the buttons and told him dude i think you got a lemon iphone look the touch screen isnt working. now he is a total iphone newbie so when the camera roll heading popped up i just told him his phone was going crazy. needless to say he was a little pissed off after he stood in line for 3 hours lol. after i had him going for a few minutes and him threatening to take the 20 minute drive back to the apple store where he got it i finally fessed up lol :D

2. diesel macrumors 6502a

How do you take a screenshot again? Thanks.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Lol I did that too my friends too. I took a picture of the home screen and let my friend use my phone and he was like "yo what's wrong with your phone, it isn't working" , I was like "WHAT DID YOU DO!!" and then he was like "Idk!!" and then I just told him it was a picture and he was like "Oh sh*t that's hot!"

4. bozs13 macrumors regular

hold the two buttons down at the same time (top and bottom) (EDIT: only for a short time though, and the screen will flash)

EDIT: oh, and of course, I love the feature as well. I sent an sms chat I had with some peeps to a friend of mine and they were like whaaaaaaa?????? "how'd you get that to look so good and all in conversation form?" ahaha

5. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

yes... but

You only hold down the home button on the bottom front and the top right for a couple of instants and then you get a flash.

Otherwise if you keep holding it, the shut down option comes up.
    :cool:

6. bozs13 macrumors regular

very true

7. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I think it works better if you first hold down the home button then just tap the sleep button.

8. b1gted macrumors regular

b1gted

You are correct. This is the correct method of taking a snapshot of your screen.

9. newyorksole macrumors 68020

You could do it by holding the home button then pressing the lock button or holding then lock button then press the home button. Or just press both at the same time.

10. 12GA macrumors member

I just tried doing this - unsuccessfully. I take it that those of us still using version 1.1.4 can't do screen shots.

11. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

WTF?!

Why, in Billy Goat Hell, are you still on 1.1.4????

12. 12GA macrumors member

I need my iPhone to work consistently well. With no problems. It does so with version 1.1.4

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

You'd be correct. This is a post 2.0 feature.

14. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

WTF?! Did you just use the term "Bill Goat Hell?"

15. 12GA macrumors member

Ok, thank you.

16. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

It's even better when you take a screenshot of your home screen first, then when you 'slide to unlock' on the screenshot, it slides across to your home screen as if the phone just unlocked. Then when people try to click the icons they're like ITS NOT WORKINGG!!!!!

17. milani macrumors 68000

milani

The screen shot feature has been around for quite some time - since the beginning? I did this to my friend as well though. The reaction was not as good. He figured it out pretty quickly. Your friend sounds very gullible! :D

18. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I probably did something even sweeter. I took a screenshot of my first home screen then my second in the order that they are in. I showed it to my friend and he kept flicking between them but no buttons were working. :rolleyes: Only thing is that there is a black bar in between the two pictures.

19. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Screenshots have been around since 2.0 (I think) but only in 2.2 were you able to take a screenshot of the lock screen.

20. locifcan macrumors newbie

:) funny.
    i just used other software to take the screen shot before

21. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

A bug I still have on my iPhone is every so often when a call comes in the phone locks up and I can not answer the call. Then later I will notice a screen shot of the screen when the person called. This has been happening long before the latest update and gets really annoying.

22. spikedfo macrumors regular

my friend did the samething to me, and i am a gullible man......:eek:

BTW..

the software? what is it? :confused:

23. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I never knew I could do a screenshot of the homescreen now! Thanks! :)