HACD (Hybrid Apple Cinema Displays)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoran, Dec 15, 2007.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Supposing Apple will release those so called Hybrid Cinema Displays that users will be able to "'touch' the screen to input and control information on the display" as Looprumors claim.
    1. Well what does that exactly mean "input and control information", might it be like adjust the brightness/contrast settings or will it be something else controlled by touch?
    2. Will touching the screen be really worth it? Imagine that after a few touches, you'll be having to wipe out with a cloth all those fingerprints made on screen! For me, that i do image/color editing on pshop this will be most annoying!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm thinking that if apple did this which is unlikely, it would be more like a big iPhone screen, controlling everything.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Wouldn't be practical. Tried using a Cintiq in a normal monitor position? The crabby hand position that requires (all right, part of that is because of the pen), as well as having to keep your arm up on the monitor without support gets old really fast. Same goes for touchscreens at eye level. Unless the new ACD's are going to be cheese-block shaped (hmmmmm... have we had that conversation before on this forum???) and provide a canted table-level platform, it's just not going to work.

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I wouldn't mind having a mini one like this though. So something 6-7 inches. As flat as possible, so a graphics tablet type thing, with a LCD. So you would plug it into a port on the GPU and a USB port. If that makes any sense?:rolleyes:

5. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

Touch Screen Technology is Already in the Marketplace

It is not beyond plausibility to think Apple is working on a touch screen OSD for their ACD. Hazro has just introduced a new 24" S-IPS external monitor with touch screen OSD. Check out the website:

http://www.hazro.co.uk/products/hazro_hz24w.html

The best up-to-date monitor information that I have found comes from http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/.

6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Touch Screen Monitors are really expensive thought most of them are about $2000 That would really jack up the price. I'd rather have non-touch anyways.