Hack ipod touch to have Mail + Maps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lofight, Nov 24, 2007.

1. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Hi,

I don't really understand alot about all the jailbreak things, and wich software versions work with wich ones...

But could anyone explain me in Newb language, how i could...
    Hack my dad's ipod touch too have app's Mail and Map..
    Is there a chance my dad's ipod touch will be stuck so it can't be fixed??
    and does this break your warranty at the apple store??

2. hecks macrumors regular

I think you should stop right there until:

1) You have your own iPod.

2) You're able to use the Search function in this forum, or at least browse the gazillion posts that deal with these questions.

3. mowlavie macrumors member

helping u jailbreak

Ok here is what u have to do:
    1. Downgrade the Itouch to 1.1.1, then u can jailbreak it.
    2. ON the safari browser in the ipod, go to jailbreakme.com, then wait for safari to crash, it might take a couple tries.
    3. Restart ipod and an installer icon should be there. From there, just click on it and go to install at the bottom of the program, then go to system, then go to Oktoprep and from there u install that on the ipod touch.
    4. Hook up your itouch to itunes then upgrade to 1.1.2, this is real easy.
    5. Your update will automatically delete the installer, so now it is time for you to jailbreak.
    6.You find the jailbreak software then u install it on windows by clicking the command: windows.bat, from here it will jailbreak.
    7. Once jailbroken, the easiest way to install the iphone apps is just to add repo.us.to to the resources on the installer then go to install and go to 1.1.2 iphone and from there u can install it.

NO , this does not void the warranty, I think you should do it, please contact me if you need any help, I can help you by providing the jailbreaking software. I would love to help! :)

4. uburoibob macrumors regular

The BIG question is "has your Dad ASKED you to do this?" I would literally kill my kid if he did this. He'd NEVER get his own, and he wouldn't see the outside for at least a year. And he'd survive by eating the dust in his room...

5. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

so you both know, my dad asked me if it would be able to do add mail and map app and i said yes, with hacking, and he agreed that this was fine for him..

Would you really do such afwul things to a kid??