Hack it or leave it ?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Heather1, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

So, a new firmware will be released in a few days, and this comming firmware seems to be a huge change to all pre- and pro-ipod touch users. As i'm going to buy another itouch this July 11th, there's a few considerations i need to ask my dearest hackers... (yeah?).

What's bad if we hack it ?

Faster battery-drain (yeah ?)
    The possibility turning into a piece of crap increases (For those with low IQ : This means it can break down more easily).
    Void warranty (this can be fixed through restoration though, no? )

And please add anything else that you've known of.

Best regards.

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Stability issues are the main thing. I jailbroke mine a long time ago, before Mail was available legitimately. Most of the third-party applications are rather poorly written though.

But even if you completely bog the thing down, you can always do a restore to un-jailbreak it, and it's as good as new. That's what I ended up doing. :)

3. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

hack it

just stay away from the 'beta' applications like mmithemer and screenshot that have been reported to break devices. and even then you can just restore and you're good again.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

first thing I would suggest is if you get a new ipod and are tempted to jailbreak 2.0 is to wait for a stable jailbreak before you attempt anything

5. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I don't know. it depends on you. I did it, and used for two weeks. it was fun to play around all kind of apps. but in terms of stability, it's not doing very good. installer app is not wokring well. someday I downloaded something. it suddenly stopped, went back to home screen. I will stay with original version, will update to 2.0 by paying $9.95. no more hack. sick of it.