Hack To Enable Multitasking On OS 4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by sOwL, May 8, 2010.

1. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Please don't get me wrong here. As many of you, i've had the multitasking functionality on my iPod since Backgrounder ever came to life (then theres Proswitcher wooo). So anyway, i've got an iPod touch 2G pre-MC version and it seems that the official multitasking feature in OS 4 isn't supposed to work on my device. Do you guys think that there will be an way to enable it again after the jailbreak comes out? I don't think my device lacks the hardware capabilities to have it enabled, it's just this stupid Apple's policy

2. henryzhao macrumors newbie

You are absolutely right. Multitasking IS possible on older devices, except that Apple is worried about people thinking of it as a terrible experience and complaining to Apple, when actually, it doesn't have enough RAM to function decently.
    According to cdevwill, multitasking can be enabled with a single line change in a system plist. However, Apple may have removed the files necessary for this in the other betas and the final version...
    I'm hoping that it hasn't since I have a MC 8GB iPod touch

3. Theappmachine macrumors member

Theappmachine

Don't look at me as a fanboy but I really agree with Apple. Multitasking can be enabled on a 3G or iphone/ipod older models but if it slows down the device, it'd better turned off.

You can pimp a very bad car with a ferrari engine, but if has standard bad tyres, the engine will only send the car straight into a wall!

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's even if you can keep those ****** tires from spinning into oblivion. :D

5. sOwL thread starter macrumors 6502

sOwL

But isnt pro switcher supposed to kill more resources than what apple came out with? It works perfectly fine on my 2G, even with a freaking game running on the background. I get all the graphical effects, no lag, still available memory.. It's not that big of a deal to have some lag from time to time, and i bet many of us are fine with it. So once more apple, we nee a choice. an option. If there was an option everyone would be happy, but apple is jsut scared that its toy wont feel as fast and smooth as they want it to. bullcrap