iPad hack to turn off lcd

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by citivolus, Sep 10, 2012.

1. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a hack to turn off the lcd on demand like a screensaver and have it come back on when touched. For example, a five-finger touch would turn off the screen but everything would continue to run on the ipad. Touching the display would simply bring the lcd back on. Anyone know of a hack that can do this?

2. newskin macrumors 6502

I posted similar request a few weeks ago. Was also looking for at least an activator action for it but no response at all. Hopefully someone responds to this.

3. citivolus thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've since found ScreenDim that works with Activator, but once it is triggered (i.e. the LCD is off), there's no way to bring it back on without pressing a physical button. I also found ScreenDimmer which does turn the LCD back on after it turns it off, but there is no way to associate it with Activator, only via a timer. any ideas?

4. newskin macrumors 6502

Screen dim does do the trick unfortunately would love to just be able to tap the screen to turn it on again. Tried pairing it to dimtoblack but still need to press physical button to turn on screen. I'll stay on the look out though.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't think is possible, the only way I see it is to run a black screen, but is not really turned off just black if you want to go by touch to awake it. I have seen it done in WebOS, but like I said is just a black screen, but the screen is still on.

Maybe you could set up the auto-lock to turn off at X amount of time and if jb tell the device to not show the locking screen or something like that? I think the way the other members are telling is like this that they work.