Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancheney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I currently have a Blackberry 8320 on T-Mobile. I'm looking to jailbreak an iPhone to keep my t-mobile service, but I have some questions.

1. Can I still use Apple apps? I read that you can't update the software because it will undo the jailbreakage, but I don't know about apps.

2. What service plan would I use from T-Mobile? Just a general so-many-minutes a month? Or would I also need a data/internet plan?

3. Any massive drawbacks from having a hacked phone that I should know about? In other words, is it worth it or should I just pay the million dollars for AT&T?

boleiro

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
i've had an iphone on Tmobile for a few months now. I went through the same thing you are now. Its actually quite easy and Tmobile and their agents really don't care that you are using an iphone on their network. Yes, you can use the apps. The only thing that really doesn't work is visual voicemail, since thats through the at&t service and isn't provided by tmobile. The unlocking isn't hard, but you do have to unlock the phone each time you update. I haven't updated to the latest yet as most people say its hasn't been an exciting update, so i'll wait till the next one. You just need to pick any plan and then add the data plan. The unlimited data/text is only $20. My grand total for 600 anytime minutes and unlimited data/text is $70. You could go less, with 300 minutes. Haven't had any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.