hacked or hacker?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pvdoug, Dec 12, 2011.

1. pvdoug macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 3g. Some time ago I went to a storefront business that advertised to unlock and jailbreak my iphone and they did. I now notice that when I click my home button twice the camera opens up to a point where I can take a picture. I know that when I do the same thing on my iphone 4 it opens up a reveals apps that are running and enables me to delete them {the camera does not open up as it does in the iphone 3g}. My question is: Is this a normal way for my iphone 3g to act?

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

That is correct. App switching was introduced in iOS 4, which the 3G doesn't support.

3. pvdoug thread starter macrumors newbie

camera app appearing

I don't understand your answer. I am not pressing the camera icon. It simply appears at odd times. It did not do this before it was unlocked. How does this pertain to app switching?

4. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

What Dave420 is saying is that when you double-press your home button on your iPhone 4 running iOS 5, the multi-tasking bar is displayed. This is where you can see what programs are multi-tasking and, if necessary, close them down.

Multi-tasking was introduced with iOS 4, and while your iPhone 3G does support iOS 4, that model of iPhone does not support multi-tasking (this feature is only supported on 3GS or above). This means that when you double-press the home button on the iPhone 3G, you won't see the multi-tasking bar that you see on your iPhone 4.

Double-pressing the home button on iPhone 3G would bring up the camera just like you are seeing...

RTP.

5. pvdoug thread starter macrumors newbie

hacked or

I do understand that by double clicking the iphone 4 I will pull up the multi-tasking bar and I understand that if I do the same on the iphone 3g I will open up the camera. My concern is that after I had the iphone 3g unlocked I now see the camera opening up at odd times; even when I have not double clicked the home button.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Youre just paranoid.
    Sounds like an activator function.
    Settings/activator.
    There you can specify gestures or functions like that. Double click home to open camera app or bring up your phone favorites or open other apps etc..

7. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Ahhhh.... Sorry - I must have mis-read your original post :eek: . As Applejuiced says the camera may be opening due to an gesture-based app launcher.

If you are still concerned with the phone being hacked during or after the jailbreak, consider removing it and restoring back to straight iOS. The procedure to do this will vary, though, depending on how your device was jailbroken in the first place.

Good luck!

RTP.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    But OP also remember if you restore it to official firmware you will lose your unlock and the phone will only work with the official carrier its locked to.
    Depending if they installed the ipad bb you might not even be able to restore it on stock firmware. So be carefull anyway and research and learn before you attempt anything.
    A JB and software unlocked iphone is tricky.

9. pvdoug thread starter macrumors newbie

hacked or

Thank you for your responses. I went to youtube and saw where the activator function would be in settings. It is not on my j/b iphone 3g. I have never set up the camera to be opened as an gesture-based app launcher. I would rather live with the camera function occasionally showing up than losing my j/b. I am still curious as to why the camera opens up at the odd times.