Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gryfon19

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
So I was rolling down the road today and noticed my phone light up. It showed "NO SIM INSTALLED." Of course, I freaked out thinking that AT&T had figured out I had a hacked phone and cut me off. Fortunately, I removed the SIM when I got home, waited a couple seconds to put it back in, and then it regained service. Nevertheless, it is a bit concerning. Has this happened to anyone else?

Phone is hacked (unlocked and jailbroken) with 1.0.2 firmware.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
So I was rolling down the road today and noticed my phone light up. It showed "NO SIM INSTALLED." Of course, I freaked out thinking that AT&T had figured out I had a hacked phone and cut me off. Fortunately, I removed the SIM when I got home, waited a couple seconds to put it back in, and then it regained service. Nevertheless, it is a bit concerning. Has this happened to anyone else?

Phone is hacked (unlocked and jailbroken) with 1.0.2 firmware.

Happened to me once or twice. A restart or two seems to work.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I don't think you need to panic you probably just have a dirty/grimy SIM card thats not making proper contact with the phone or a faulty SIM?. AT&T can't tell you've unlocked your phone unless you tell them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.