hacked/refurbished battery sold as new one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slisec, Aug 2, 2011.

1. slisec macrumors newbie

Distibutor authorized by Apple sold me an old (possibly refurbished baterry) as new one :mad:. No original packaging and several scratches on surface of a battery pack. The price on the bill is as for a new one.

What can I do, and where and to whom can I complain about it? I know that i can complain in the shop, and they will possible replace the battery, but THAT IS SCAM and someone shoud be responsible for making business like that. That was really unexpexted experience.

Does anyone knows any liable contact inside apple to check the way they do business. any ideas ?

Simeon

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

3. lfshammu macrumors member

So go ask for a new one. there's really no reason to make a huge deal about it.

4. slisec thread starter macrumors newbie

If you get on old car instead of a new car, you will just ask for a replacement ? interesting :confused:

5. StockDC2 macrumors regular

How can you compare a car to a battery :rolleyes:...

6. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

You'd inspect the car before buying it...

One 'used' battery doesn't make it scummy.

7. phassat macrumors member

I would complain to the store immediately. Rather than later they would not change the product to a new one since you hold it too long and they are saying that the damage can be done at your side….

Yes you can't compare a car to battery but still you buy a new product and it is not ethical for them to give you a 'rusty' one or they should mentioned when it is being purchased.

So… go complain direct to the store and ask for a new one….. dead simple

8. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

return the battery.

if they don't accept, contact ur creditcard company and file complaint to get ur funds back.

buy from apple store or apple.com or amazon

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

They may have given you a new battery and just scratched it. I know when I swapped my battery, they didn't give me a box, just the battery, but it was new. Have you checked the battery health & charge cycles?