Hacked screen

jumboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
I live in an apartment with two roommates, and one of the roommates was able to access my screen and take a screen shot and also he was apple to access one of the websites that i am in and posted one of his pictures.

so does any one knows how he did it or is there any way to block him.

thanks in advance:)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I live in an apartment with two roommates, and one of the roommates was able to access my screen and take a screen shot and also he was apple to access one of the websites that i am in and posted one of his pictures.

Yes...employ instrument below three times firmly to his head...

Attachments

satcomer

macrumors 603
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region

Set a new password and not auto log you in. Next time he uses your computer bounce him hard and kick him out.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Almost certainly he did this by simply using your computer, not by "hacking" it in any technical sense.

To block him:
1. Change your password.
2. In System Preference > User & Groups > Login Options, turn off Automatic Login.
3. In System Preferences > Security & PRivacy > General, turn on "Require password immediately after sleep or screen saver begins.
4. Keep your computer in a locked drawer.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Restivus
Do you have screen sharing enabled on your computer?

System Preferences > Sharing pane > Screen Sharing (checkbox on list item)

What do you have enabled under the Sharing pane? Anything at all?