Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
Hey guys. Def. not a noob to the JB scene, but I do have a question.

I've avoided one-click jb's for a while just because I know to know, for the most part, what's going on w/ my investment.

That being said, I just purchased an iphone 3Gs w/ 3.1.3 w/ old bootrom. I, nor the original owner, have JB'd it or modified it in any way. Can you guys comment on the risks associated specifically w/ the Spirit JB?

W/ this method mentioned, I'd seriously had to get stuck w/ a certain baseband/firmware/etc.

I apologize for my ever-present and continuing ignorance!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian, avoiding the one click jb is not only making things difficult for you but also leave there more chance of you messing things up... The spirit jb is flawless, and easy

ludacris1118

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2009
OK so I'm trying to figure this out but my problem is that my iPhone 3gs is on 3.0.1 I just bought is from someone like a month or two ago. I didn't realize that its firmware was so low until i got home with it. I tried to bring it up to 3.1.2 but iTunes wouldn't let me. I am using windows to do this. can anyone help me out? and I dont have shsh for it either.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
OK so I'm trying to figure this out but my problem is that my iPhone 3gs is on 3.0.1 I just bought is from someone like a month or two ago. I didn't realize that its firmware was so low until i got home with it. I tried to bring it up to 3.1.2 but iTunes wouldn't let me. I am using windows to do this. can anyone help me out? and I dont have shsh for it either.

Just use redsn0w - this is for only people who can't downgrade to a lower firmware that redsn0w / pwnage tool can jailbreak.

bb8882

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
jailbreak 3gs 3.13 with Spirit

I had 2 16gb 3gs with 3.13 and new bootrom. I got them from the Apple genius bar to replace a defected one. I then jailbreak it with Spirit, install ultrasn0w and both phones were unlocked!!! I even used iTune 9.2. Only thing is the in Cythia it tells me there is a pending TSS request but I tried put in a T-Mobile sim card and both worked!! I am taking those to China and will update in 2 weeks to confirm if those will work in China. :)

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Only thing is the in Cydia it tells me there is a pending TSS request but I tried put in a T-Mobile sim card and both worked!!

This is the request for SHSH blobs... nothing to do with the unlock...and you should have just as much success in China if the unlock is working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.