hacking multi-gestures on Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by reddrag0n, Dec 1, 2011.

1. reddrag0n macrumors 6502

reddrag0n

I was wondering if there was any way to hack or mod kexts or anything to that effect of multi-gestures on a 1.5/1.67 Powerbook G4?

I have tried sidetrack and iscroll2, but they don't do the same thing i am looking for. I know they come close, but not what i am wanting it to do.

I found a snippit online about someone modding a kext to enable all the trackpads to have 3 and 4 finger support, and i am doing that now.

Other than that, is there anything else i can try?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The Powerbook G4's trackpad can only detect two fingers, this is a hardware limitation.

3. reddrag0n thread starter macrumors 6502

reddrag0n

So even though it's a USB connection based piece of hardware, there is no way to tell it otherwise? :confused:

4. simsaladimbamba

The connection interface does not matter, the actual hardware does, and if it does not register more than two fingers, it will not work.

5. Flip2gig macrumors newbie

They detect 3 fingers, scroll with two then try with three =)

I've tried every app out there for increased trackpad functionality but ended up just leaving it stock because they were all clunky to some extent.

6. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Actually I suspect that its really detecting "More than 2 fingers" - i.e. it has no idea your actually using 3 or 4 or 5 or just have something sat on the trackpad, it just thinks you've put something on the trackpad, so it ignores it. Or at least, this seems to be the behaviour of my 15" AlBooks.