Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weeman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2007
Orange County, CA
Hey everyone,
I was planning on hacking my iPhone but I was wondering if something does end up happening to it down the road, like the touchscreen not responding or iPhone not turning on, if I could still get it replaced by apple under the applecare warrenty. In other words if something happens to the iPhone that is normally covered under applecare warrenty, can I just perform an iPhone restore and take it into apple store to get it fixed (without letting apple know that i hacked my iPhone?) This is the only thing keeping me from hacking my iPhone. Thanks in advance.

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

weeman said:
Hey everyone,
I was planning on hacking my iPhone but I was wondering if something does end up happening to it down the road, like the touchscreen not responding or iPhone not turning on, if I could still get it replaced by apple under the applecare warrenty. In other words if something happens to the iPhone that is normally covered under applecare warrenty, can I just perform an iPhone restore and take it into apple store to get it fixed (without letting apple know that i hacked my iPhone?) This is the only thing keeping me from hacking my iPhone. Thanks in advance.

I don't see why not. A restore will completely restore your phone to the way it was when you first took it out of the box. We just did it to my coisin's and it worked great. I like mine just the way it is though. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.