Hackingtosh now?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Metalmorphed, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Metalmorphed macrumors member

Hi,

I was thinking of trying to install OS X Lion on my current windows hardware (I checked and it should be compatible.) Though with the announcement of Mountain Lion I was wondering if I should wait.
    So my question is, the hackintosh stuff, how long would it take after the release of Mountain Lion before there's a hackOS X for that? Is it going to take days, or months?

Thanks!
    -P

2. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

IF you are on the same hardware as apple releases (aka c2d or I series CPU, with compatible graphics) and you get snow leopard running, download lion from the Mac app store, then when mountain lion is released you can just get from the Mac app store. Simple. But ALWAYS start with snow leopard.

3. Metalmorphed thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, why start with Snow Leopard and not Lion/Mountain Lion?

4. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

If you have a lion disk, but if you buy it from apple you will only have the app.

The reason I said that is because I believe they charge so little for the operating system that they deserve every penny. I also do not condone piracy, as it is against the law and morally wrong.

5. Metalmorphed thread starter macrumors member

Yea I have a lion disk, got the app and then did some trick to get a dmg from there and burn that :p Like clean installs more, gives me a good reason to clean up my documents and stuff.
    Though there are no technical issues with starting Lion/Mountain Lion?

And anyone on topic, how long does it usually take before an install method for a new release of OSX exists?

Thanks!

6. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Takes no time if your hardware is compatible